Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Menu Plan - Wednesday

I'm late to the party, but really need to get back into regular meal planning to cut food costs and reduce waste.

Here's what we are having for the first couple of weeks in April!

(And, now this is out-of-date, as I never finished on Sunday, so it also includes what we ate earlier in the week :-)

In special events this week, my nephew is a budding chef & asked to come to visit one weekend to help me with my freezer stocking & cooking/baking. He's on spring break this week, so he'll be coming up on Friday/Saturday
  • Monday - Leftover barbecued hamburgers & tortellini.
  • Tuesday - M's traveling, so leftover burgers & tortellini
  • Wednesday - hot pasta salad
  • Thursday - Tacos. Yes, we still have taco meat leftover from Nick's birthday party! Ole!
  • Friday - Homemade pizzas - Hawaiian for the kids, probably chicken pesto for the adults.
  • Saturday - Spaghetti with meatballs
  • Sunday - Date night! My parents have the kids for spring break
  • Monday - Likely something non-kid friendly, as my kids will be with my parents. Possibly salmon & rice.
  • Tuesday - I'm on my own, so I'll probably make a "fancy" salad with whatever veggies & cheese we have laying around.
  • Wednesday - On my own, & picking up the kids from my parents, so I'm guessing we'll be stopping at Quiznos to break the drive up a bit.
  • Thursday - M's out of town, I'm going to make beef burritos.
  • Friday - M's still out of town. Leftovers.
  • Saturday - Spaghetti & meatballs
  • Sunday - Chicken taquitos
Here's what I'm thinking of making with my nephew. I'm still in need of a great applesauce recipe, and am totally open to other ideas, if you have suggestions! He's a very mature 10 year old. :-) We're going to do as much of this as he's up for. :-)

  • Chocolate chip muffins
  • Blueberry muffins
  • Banana bread
  • Pizza dough
  • French bread
  • Wheat sandwich bread
  • Spaghetti sauce with meatballs
  • Applesauce
  • Granola bars
  • Beef burritos
  • A chicken pasta casserole dish of some sort
  • Chicken taquitos

2 comments:

  1. Delicious menu! Since you're making pizza dough, you can turn around and make empanadas (either savory with cheese and meats inside, or sweet with apple pie filling or jams inside). For some reason, kids love the folding and filling. It's delicious too and can be frozen forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all that free time you have! Enjoy!
    I know what you mean about menu planning. It really helps keep the budget in line!

    ReplyDelete