I've been off since Thursday, and it's been a great mix of relaxing & productive! On Thursday, we went to a water park (we have season passes) & it was great. Not very crowded & perfect weather. I put on loads of sunblock, but still managed to get a few small patches of burn. This is what happens when you're extremely pale. ;-)
I made a quadruple batch of fresh tomato sauce, using all of the fresh tomatoes from the garden - plus our basil & green peppers. It turned out extremely well. That's all now frozen in individual dinner portions, ready to go. I also made homemade bread, a chocolate cake, cranberry muffins, homemade pizza dough, and this morning, I made 9 dozen muffins - 3 dozen pear muffins (loosely based on this recipe), & 6 dozen orange muffins - to use up our stray yard oranges. The muffins will be frozen & added to lunch boxes for the kids.
We barbecued burgers on the 4th of July, so I turned the leftovers into homemade pizza yesterday, using up extra green peppers & tomatoes.
I have some additional housework to tackle today, but am looking forward to relaxing (maybe doing some reading?!) & planning the week ahead.
Here's what's still on my list:
Complete 30 Day Shred workout DVD.
- Walk 5 miles.
- Clean kitchen
- Finish laundry
- Pack lunches for tomorrow
- Menu plan for the week
- Plan calendar/week/camp drop offs & pick ups
- Find an alteration place to hem a dress.
- Finish packing for my trip in a few weeks. (I like to have the majority packed well in advance, so I can just top off the suitcase with the final stuff the day before. Especially important, as I have a late meeting the night before the trip).
- Figure out dinner for tonight.
I think that will do it. I hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!