Here are my 2014 goals, with a status check:
- Lose 10 pounds, bringing my weight to 135. I've really struggled to lose at my current weight & activity level, so I need to spend some time considering what's necessary to drop these last (very stubborn) 10 pounds. After my doctor's appointment & prescription complication, this goal is more important than ever. Time to focus.- I'm decently on track. I'm at 142, so while the progress has been slow, it's at least there!
- Continue tracking my food and exercise every day in My Fitness Pal. This has been tremendously helpful. - On track!
- Improve my fitness by doing the following:
- Complete 11,000 minutes of cardio. -On track, with 5,300 minutes completed!
- Complete 100 strength workouts. - Close - I'm at 44%
- Complete 75 stretching workouts. - I'm at 32%, so need to step this up.
5. Have one date night per month with M. - On track! 6 for 12. :-)
6. Plan one social/friend activity per month - On track! 6 for 12. :-)
7. Finalize will/guardianship. - Half way done! I've ordered all of the paperwork. They just need to be signed & finalized.
8. Save $50,000 towards a downpayment for a house in California. - We've paused this, as we continue to pay for our vacation house, and have decided to instead focus on paying down our second mortgage.
9. Put $5,000 in boys college accounts. - Not on track - we've paid around $1200.
10. Pay $30,000 towards our mortgage principal(s). - We are on track! We've paid just over 10% of our yearly total
11. Figure out a plan for vacation house. - Yes! It's listed and we've made all needed repairs.
12. Track our all of our spending, stick to our budget, and create monthly spending reports.-On track!
13. Plan an adult only vacation with M! - Yes! This is happening in April. Can't wait.
14. Likely most importantly, figure out the work/life balance, even if it means finding a new job. Money isn't worth the current schedule. - Somewhat on track. There are short term and longer term plans in the works. Not ready to roll them out (as we are still working through some big challenges, but they are on our radar.)