Monday, December 22, 2014

Goals for 2015

Planning the year ahead & setting goals is one of my absolute favorite things to do!

I've come up with a few areas of focus this year, and some goals within them:


  • Financial
    • Meet with a financial advisor
    • Save $50,000 towards a downpayment for a house in California
    • Put $10,000 in the boys college accounts
    • Pay $55,000 towards our mortgage principal(s)
    • Save for our 2015 travel budget in advance
    • Stick to our budget
    • Re-plan our yearly budget categories
  • Family
    • Look for more opportunities to have fun with the family.
    • Be more present with the kids.
    • Come up with a five year plan that minimizes my need to work in my career (open to other work options).
  • Fitness/health
    • Lose 10 pounds, bringing my weight to 135. If this goal sounds similar to last year's, that's because it is. I managed to lose 8 lbs, and then gained it back during the second half of the year. Sigh.
    • Run another half marathon.
    • Track my food/exercise every day.
    • Complete 10,000 minutes of cardio
    • Complete 100 strength workouts.
    • Complete 75 stretching workouts. 
  • Work/career
    • Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress.
    • Reduce my hours.
  • Giving back
    • Figure out a way to volunteer. I'd like to volunteer at the boy's school, as it's important for me to be connected. But, the hours are terrible. I need to be a bit more creative about options.
    • Increase our charitable giving by 25%
  • House
    • Declutter each room in the house
    • Clean out the garage
  • Personal/creative
    • Have one date night with M per month
    • Learn a new skill. I'm thinking of learning a new language, but would be fine with anything: sewing, knitting, expanding my baking, etc.
    • Make time for my friends! Do something social at least once per month.
    • Read 50 books. 
Being a balanced person is not easy, is it? ;-) Okay, those are my goals! I'm pretty excited about them. How about you? What are your goals for 2015?

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of reading in top of everything else. You have great savings goals. I really hope that you are able to cut back at work a bit. I really feel for you to balance your busy life with lupus. I'm copying your idea of date night. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of a cheat, because I'm a ridiculously fast reader. I probably read 1-2 books a week right now. Factor in a few plane rides (easily 1-2 books) & I'm well on my way. :-)

      The work thing is just very hard. Balance certainly isn't going to come along with my current role, which makes the options very limited.

      Delete