Tuesday, December 30, 2014

January Goals

I love this time of year! The goal setting, the fresh starts, the new spreadsheet trackers. . . I know, I know. I'm a little strange, but it's an extra dose of motivation, and who couldn't use some of that? ;-)

Here are my goals for the first month of the year:

Financial

  • Set up meeting with financial planner
  • Max out 2015 401K with bonus money
  • Figure out boys college accounts (potentially the Utah 529 plan)
  • Stick to our budget
  • Fund our yearly budget categories with remaining bonus money
  • Start gathering stuff for our accountant
Family
  • Plan two fun family outings
  • Figure out February week off. Looking at skiing.
  • Get my youngest to try two new foods.

Fitness/health
  • Lose 2 pounds
  • Track my food/exercise
  • Run 20 miles
  • Complete 700 minutes of cardio
  • Complete 8 strength workouts & 8 stretching workouts


Work/career
  • Better consolidate my evening meetings
  • Find 2 days/week that I can work out during the day

Giving back
  • Look into volunteering at the school once in January
  • Set up charitable contribution increase
House
  • Sort through our three hall closets (aka, where junk goes to die). Declutter, organize, etc.
Personal/creative
  • Plan/book date night with M
  • Do something social with a friend. Maybe a hike.
  • Read 5 books.
  • Try a new recipe (with a focus on something that my youngest will actually eat)

What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish in January?

2 comments:

  1. Great goals. I like how you categorize them too.
    For January my main goal is to live simple. Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity. Kind of vague but it's all I've got.

    ReplyDelete