Here are my goals for the first month of the year:
- Set up meeting with financial planner
- Max out 2015 401K with bonus money
- Figure out boys college accounts (potentially the Utah 529 plan)
- Stick to our budget
- Fund our yearly budget categories with remaining bonus money
- Start gathering stuff for our accountant
- Plan two fun family outings
- Figure out February week off. Looking at skiing.
- Get my youngest to try two new foods.
- Lose 2 pounds
- Track my food/exercise
- Run 20 miles
- Complete 700 minutes of cardio
- Complete 8 strength workouts & 8 stretching workouts
- Better consolidate my evening meetings
- Find 2 days/week that I can work out during the day
- Look into volunteering at the school once in January
- Set up charitable contribution increase
- Sort through our three hall closets (aka, where junk goes to die). Declutter, organize, etc.
- Plan/book date night with M
- Do something social with a friend. Maybe a hike.
- Read 5 books.
- Try a new recipe (with a focus on something that my youngest will actually eat)
What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish in January?