Monday, December 29, 2014

Menu Plan Monday

I'm back at home, and the kids are still enjoying the beach. I'm jealous!



Look at that gorgeous view! 

Here's the menu plan for the week (this is pretty abnormal eating for me/us). We have salads with every dinner, so I don't bother listing that.

  • Monday - leftover Chipotle. I picked this up on my way home from the airport last night, and have enough for a second dinner. I'm trying to cut my calories after all of those holiday meals.
  • Tuesday - I have a $5 Amex credit for McDonalds that will expire on Wednesday. I'd like to use it, and really don't eat there, so I will probably pick up a salad for dinner. 
  • Wednesday - We'll be having a New Year's Eve party (just the four of us). I'll make goat cheese crostini, and may pick up a pizza. We'll also have champagne & sparkling lemonade. ;-)
  • Thursday - We both have the day off, so M will make his famous Persian kebabs, tadiq (crusted rice) & a yogurt sauce. It's my favorite meal ever.
  • Friday - I'm thinking of this tomato, chicken & gorgonzola soup, but substituting the gorgonzola for goat cheese. Potentially with crostini. 
  • Saturday - Chicken marsala casserole
  • Sunday - Homemade chicken risotto

That should generate enough leftovers for a crazy work week next week. What about you? What's on your menu for the week? 

2 comments:

  1. Chicken Salsa soup tonight, not sure tomorrow. Mom is bringing over her bourbon chili for New Years Eve since I cooked all of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Woohoo - no cooking that day! I don't really meal plan more than a day or two ahead though. Hubby hates that and loves to decide what we are eating the day of (*subject to what is on hand of course). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you! Wish I could convince my picky eater to eat soup. He doesn't like things mixed, so we've all made it a goal in 2015 to expand his taste horizons a bit. :-)

      Delete