And with that, here's my 2015 fitness review.
I set some lofty fitness goals in 2015, and didn't do very well. Or, perhaps I should say that even though I achieved some of my goals, I still didn't achieve my main goal of losing weight. Which tells me that my current goals aren't working as intended. :-)
Up until 2015, I was really able to maintain my weight through a combination of exercise (my main focus) & a reasonably close eye on what I ate. Things shifted quite a bit in 2015. I traveled more, which impacted my ability to exercise & control my diet as much as I'd like. I'm also older, and worked more than I ever have. I made up for that working by stress eating, and didn't have the energy to work out as much as I needed/would have liked. I also stopped running, & got frustrated with my inconsistency.
So, with that as context, here are the numbers.
Average Daily Calories In:
2013 - 1637
2014 - 1538
2015 - 1569
And, by month:. Yes, December was a real rough ride.
|2015 Yearly Average||Average||Total|
2015 Cardio - 10,020
2015 Strength - 131
2015 Stretching - 17
2014 Cardio - 10,006
2014 Strength - 77
2014 Stretching - 32
2013 - 138
2014 - 142
2015 - 153
All of the data aside, what am I going to do about gaining weight & struggling to lose? I'm glad you asked! :-) I have a few plans:
My official 2016 goal is to lose 20 pounds, bringing my weight to 133. Here's how I plan to achieve that.
- Get back to running! Run a 5K, 10K, 15K, & a half marathon, as a 40th birthday gift to myself.
- Drive my average daily calories down to 1400. Track my food/exercise every day.
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day. I've definitely been eating too many carbs & sweets, and not enough fruit & veggies.
- Complete 10,000 minutes of cardio
- Complete 100 strength workouts.
- Complete 75 stretching workouts.
My 40th birthday is coming up, and I want to look and feel my best & reverse the aging that's happening. It's really critical that I start making my health more of a priority.
How about you? Do you have any fitness goals for 2016? How did you do with your 2015 goals?