Saturday, January 16, 2016

The month is half over - how am I doing?

I got up early this morning, made the kids breakfast, plus breakfast for me & M, cleaned the entire house & got in a workout by 10. ;-) I'm feeling productive! I have a few more chores to finish, & then I'll be taking the kids to the movies to see Star Wars with some buddies. I'm very interested to see how they respond, as they've never seen a single one of the movies, but they've both heard so much about the movie at school, that they are desperate to see it. :-)

Finances:

  • Stick to our budget - mostly on track, but our childcare budget is up due to paying for a camp in February ($478 for a week of camp, and we will still need our nanny that week, as camp ends at three. :-((
  • Reach out to new accountant - our old one retired :-(( - Done! 
  • Save $1,000 - yes! I saved $1,756. Not that I'm counting those dollars. ;-) 

Family:

  • Work on plans for the boys birthday parties in February - I've gotten the party invites sent out, and done a lose menu. 
  • Do a fun activity with the boys - Today is the day for the activity! We are going to see Star Wars, and Sam will have a friend sleepover after. That means both boys will have had a sleepover this month as well. 
  • Have a date night with M - I've got to get this planned. Maybe next weekend? I'm heading to Tokyo on Sunday, but could squeeze it in on Saturday.

Fitness (this needs to be a top priority in January, as well as the rest of the year):
  • Lose 3 pounds - so far, on track. I've lost 1.5 pounds. 
  • Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables, 28 of 31 days. I only got 3 & 4, respectively, yesterday & on New Year's Day, so this gives me one extra day of cushion.  - I'm going for a rolling average of 5 servings/day, and I'm totally on track!
  • Complete 8 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates) - Yes, I've done 4 of the 8, so halfway there. 
  • Complete 10 strength workouts - I'm behind by one. I've done 4 of the 10. 
  • Complete 850 minutes of cardio - I've been focusing on strength and stretching & you can see it in my 320 minutes of cardio this month. Still working on this!
  • Average 1450 calories/day - I'm over my average at 1528. So, significantly over, but better than in previous months. It is getting easier & I can tell my appetite has gotten a bit smaller, so there's that. ;-) 
Work/Career:
  • Maximum of one late night/week - Well, no. Last week I had two later evenings, and I'm going to have more next week. But, I am canceling & shuffling where I can to minimize the impact. 
  • Organize travel schedule for the first half of the year - I've planned out the first quarter, which includes two international trips. Not excited. 
  • Work from home at least one Friday this month - yes! I did this last Friday & it was lovely. 

Personal/Creative:
  • Read a book - Yes, I've read four, in fact. :-) 
  • Try out my new adult coloring book :-) - Yes! I've enjoyed it, but the kids have also wanted to "help", so it's been less relaxing but a nice family project.  
  • Get together with a friend - I guess I can count my Star Wars movie time, but I'm hoping for a hike with a friend, or maybe lunch. 

How are your January goals going? Are you on track, with the month half over? 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a good sign that there's so much green and yellow, and only one thing marked with red!

    I know you'd rather not travel and it is for work, but I sure wish I was going to Tokyo with you! I can't stop thinking about how fast we can get back there again!

    ReplyDelete