I also went through my clothes to make a (short) list of things I'd like to shop for in 2016. Given that I'll have a pretty small budget, I'm hoping that building a list will ensure that I add only high quality, necessary items to my wardrobe. Here's what I have on the list so far:
- Inexpensive dark wash jeans. I'm not at the size I hope to be, but most of my basic jeans are too tight for work. And, that's not a good look for anyone. :-)
- Comfortable black flats for everyday/work shoes. I may get Tieks, but am not in love with the super high price point, and that I've never dealt with the company before. They don't distribute through anyone else. I'm also considering a few different Easy Spirit options. They may not be the cutest, but as long as they are comfortable, I'm in!
- A light weight jacket. I have a fleece, & ski coats, but nothing really in between.
I also returned a few things today that I bought near the end of the year, and a gift that M bought me that wasn't something I truly needed. As a result, I have $180 of credit in my clothing account! :-) And, in a truly big win, I found very cute basic jeans at Costco for $19.99. Perfect for what I'm looking for.
We picked up groceries at Costco, and here's what we ended up getting for a total of $200.24. It was a protein heavy shopping trip, with much less produce, as we picked some up on Wednesday after our flight:
- Four pack vegetarian frozen pizza (great for a quick pinch meal) - $9.49
- Two pack of tomato basil soup (I know I can make this for significantly less, but my son tried this specific soup on vacation & loved it, so want to get him hooked before I try to make my own :-)) - $6.89
- Tortilla chips (for taco nights, with guac!) - $4.69
- Chicken - $23.88
- Mahi Mahi - $19.99
- Meatballs - $16.99 (same as above. These are one of the few proteins that my pickiest eater will touch. I need to wean him onto homemade, but baby steps).
- Steak (fancy dinner tonight to celebrate our vacation) - $22.87
- Brick of Romano cheese - $15.46
- Brick of cheddar cheese - $8.49
- 15 pack of Costco brand individualGreek yogurt - $10.49
- Broccoli - $4.49
- Cucumbers - $3.99
- Pears - $5.79
- Mushrooms - $4.49
- Pineapple - $2.99
- Salsa - $7.79
- Pickles - $3.99
- Vanilla - $9.99
- Mediterranean oil - $10.49
- Two pack Dijon mustard - $6.99
And that's it! Can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of vacation. I have a huge list of things I want to get done (of course). :-) How are you spending this Saturday?