Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A fabulous weekend, spending too much & a menu plan

M & I had a great anniversary trip. We enjoyed our time together (just uninterrupted conversation time is priceless!) & ended up going to Lake Tahoe. It was gorgeous! The weather was hit or miss, but it was nice enough to drive around on Saturday.


We also spent so much money between dinners out (we took my parents out on Thursday), our own meals, lots of gas, etc. We need to crack down on the spending, as we are also going to Hawaii in under a month for Thanksgiving.

It was also lovely to spend time with my parents. They were a tremendous help with the the kids, the house, etc. We had a lot of laughs & they are flying home today. They'll be missed!

And, on to the menu planning, since that's one of the best ways for me to reduce meals out:

  • Monday - it was Halloween, so we needed something quick & easy. We went for soup, bread & salad.
  • Tuesday - chicken enchiladas (my amazing dad left some for us that he made)
  • Wednesday - leftover soup
  • Thursday - finish up any other leftovers
  • Friday - homemade risotto
  • Saturday - M will be with Nick at a soccer tournament in Sacramento & they will eat out. Sam & I will have pizza from the freezer
  • Sunday - M will still be at soccer with Nick. Sam & I will have tortellini & chicken

That's it for me. I hope you all had a fabulous Halloween & weekend. 

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful trip. Sometimes you have to just accept the cost associated with special times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It was a little tough to swallow in the moment, but worth it.

      Delete
  2. Glad you finally got some alone time with your hubby and had a good time as well as got to see your parents - worth it in my books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so worth it. I ended up taking Monday off to spend with my parents (and also to see the kids Halloween parade, etc) & it was a great decision. My parents were thrilled that we actually got time together as well. We went on a long hike & out to lunch together.

      Delete
  3. Lake Tahoe is my favorite place of all. that's where I want my ashes to go. Where did you stay. ?? We like Lakeland in South Lake since it has kitchens. We're there often enough and plan to go get a christmas tree permit right after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! We were at the Ritz Carlton in Truckee. It was obviously super luxurious & not where we'd stay regularly. ;-) It was the offseason & I have a great status via my work travels, so we went for it. It was gorgeous!!!

      Delete
  4. Good for you on the trip. I love that your dad made extras to help your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad is awesome. :-) It was such a treat to come home for work & have a prepared meal.

      My mom also kept the house immaculately clean - I was able to cancel the cleaning lady for the week.

      They are fabulous! Miss having the help already

      Delete
  5. Good for you on the trip. I love that your dad made extras to help your week.

    ReplyDelete