We also spent so much money between dinners out (we took my parents out on Thursday), our own meals, lots of gas, etc. We need to crack down on the spending, as we are also going to Hawaii in under a month for Thanksgiving.
It was also lovely to spend time with my parents. They were a tremendous help with the the kids, the house, etc. We had a lot of laughs & they are flying home today. They'll be missed!
And, on to the menu planning, since that's one of the best ways for me to reduce meals out:
- Monday - it was Halloween, so we needed something quick & easy. We went for soup, bread & salad.
- Tuesday - chicken enchiladas (my amazing dad left some for us that he made)
- Wednesday - leftover soup
- Thursday - finish up any other leftovers
- Friday - homemade risotto
- Saturday - M will be with Nick at a soccer tournament in Sacramento & they will eat out. Sam & I will have pizza from the freezer
- Sunday - M will still be at soccer with Nick. Sam & I will have tortellini & chicken
That's it for me. I hope you all had a fabulous Halloween & weekend.