We also roasted the pumpkins. Let me just say that I need a bigger roasting pan. It took 4 batches, at 90 minutes each. We have about 20 cups of pumpkin puree in the fridge!
We have a soccer game today, and I have a bunch of house chores (sheets, rugs, laundry, cooking, baking) as well as a few work tasks, planning our schedule for the week.
One of the main ways I stay on track during the craziness is to have a menu plan, so here goes! Oh, and we have a salad with every meal. It's so routine, I don't even list it. M doesn't consider it dinner unless there's a salad. :-)
- Sunday - pumpkin soup + goat cheese crostini
- Monday - leftover chicken/almond rice pilaf
- Tuesday - leftover soup + roasted chicken on the side
- Wednesday - fiesta casserole (using up leftover salsa from when my parents were here)
- Thursday - baked chicken & pesto pasta
- Friday - leftover fiesta casserole
- Saturday - out. At a soccer tournament.
- Sunday - coming home late from a soccer tournament. Pizza from the freezer when we get home
What about you? What's on the menu for the week? Any good pumpkin puree recipes to recommend?