Once we get to the beach, I'll properly inventory all of the freezer & pantry supplies, and adjust the menu based on what we already have.
Add to that it's insanely hot & I have no desire to cook, and here's the menu I'm thinking about through the end of June:
- Monday, 6/19 - I made chicken caprese paninis, with fresh basil from the garden.
- Tuesday, 6/20 - M & I will go out for happy hour, as I'm done with work at a reasonable hour.
- Wednesday, 6/21 - M & I will have kebabs, pitas, cucumber yogurt sauce & salad
- Thursday, 6/22 - M & I will eat pad thai (freezer). I have a super late work night, so this should be quick & easy.
- Friday, 6/23 - M & I will go out for happy hour.
- Saturday, 6/24 - I'll fly back to Portland to pick up the kiddos & head to the beach. Depending on how hungry the kids are, we'll probably wait until we get to the beach house. Most likely dinner will be mac & cheese & chicken nuggets. #gourmet :-)
- Sunday, 6/25 - My mom is going to be with us, so probably pasta & meatballs. I'll also pick up groceries for easy meals from the grocery store in walking distance
- Monday, 6/26 - grilled hot dogs, veggies, & watermelon
- Tuesday, 6/27 - Whatever is left in the freezer at the vacation house.
- Wednesday, 6/28 - M arrives. I'll make risotto with sausage.
- Thursday, 6/29 - M will grill burgers & corn
- Friday, 6/30 - We'll barbecue fish & serve it with rice
- Saturday, 7/1 - Leftovers
- Sunday, 7/2 - My parents, sister, & nephews will join us at the beach. We'll have a big appetizer spread, pizza & salad.
- Monday, 7/3 - My parents, sister, & nephews will be with us at the beach. We'll make crab cakes for the adults, and hot dogs for the kids.
- Tuesday, 7/4 - My parents, sister, & nephews will be with us at the beach. We'll have grilled sliders, corn on the cob, & margaritas
- Wednesday, 7/5 - M, the boys & I will eat whatever leftovers linger before we fly home.
- Thursday, 7/6 - Flying home. We will either get food at the airport, or heat up something from the freezer when we arrive.
I leave for Tokyo two days later, so the boys will be on their own. I'll have to get super creative to come up with options for the boys, as I won't have much time to prep anything in advance.
What about you? Is it hot at your house? What's your favorite easy meal prep when it's too hot to cook?