I got the recipe from Mavis's blog, & recommend it, particularly if you have anyone in your family who isn't a big frosting fan.
Other than that, we have a weekend of getting things done as a family before the chaos begins for the summer. I'm excited about all of our family plans, and the trips on the agenda. Including:
- The boys are going to Disneyland with my parents. M & I will be working, but enjoying several date nights while the boys are gone.
- I'm going to the beach with the boys. My mom will join me for a few days, then M will join up, my sister, nephews & my parents will join again for the 4th of July.
- I go straight to Tokyo once I get back from the beach (less excited, obviously, as this is a work trip).
- The day after I get back from Tokyo, my sister & friend are flying in. We'll spend the weekend by the pool, relaxing & having fun, & then we're heading to Sonoma. I won a couple of nights at a condo as part of our school auction.
- They had out, and then my friend & her daughters are coming to stay with us for a few days. The boys are thrilled, and rarely get to see my friend's kids. They all grew up together in Seattle, but the distance has meant a lot less time together. The boys are very excited to show them around the new house.
- And, my mom is flying in to pick up the boys & keep them at her house for a week, and M & I are going to Las Vegas for a weekend to belatedly celebrate his birthday.
Wow! A lot going on in July. :-) What about you? What are your summer plans? Anything fun on the horizon?