Monday, June 26, 2017

We are under contract!

It's been a whirlwind, and the buyers we passed on a week or so came around again & went $20K higher. We negotiated & ended up getting to my minimum bar, which I still think is a bit short of what the house is actually worth. However, it's not worth the time or stress to find another buyer willing to go a bit higher.

I got off the plane in Portland on Saturday to a text message that the buyers had accepted our offer & we were under contract! What a way to kick off our family vacation.

Saturday was crazy hot, and even at the beach it was 95. We stayed up until 11 pm, chilling on the patio while the boys played soccer in the street with a light up ball. No one could sleep with the house that hot, as every door & window had been closed off until we arrived.

Here's my favorite picture of Saturday's gorgeous day. Absolutely breathtaking & the Oregon coast on a sunny day kind of looks more like a tropical island. :-)



My mom stayed with us for two nights, so yesterday we went into town & picked up groceries while we had a car. We kept dinners super easy (Saturday - pizza & salad, and Sunday - pasta & meatballs). Tonight the boys & I will play freezer roulette, & choose something out of the freezer. We leave things, and plenty of other guests do as well, and you never know what you'll get. I'll supplement with protein, and we have plenty of fruit & vegetables. Should be an adventure.

Looking forward to some nice quiet time with my boys, and taking a break from work. I slept for 10 hours yesterday - it was fabulous!

That's it from my side. Hope you are staying cool wherever you are! It's back to 65 and cloudy here, so typical summer beach weather!

10 comments:

  1. Makes me homesick (sort of). M was always our favorite beach town!

    Congrats on the house offer - fingers are crossed that all goes smoothly from here to closing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats! That is great news. Now hopefully everything will go smoothly and you can truly take the money to the bank and figure out what to do with the rest of your life :) Great shot of the coast. We had warm Saturday here on Vancouver Island as well (80 F is hot for us) but today it is back down to 71 but still sunny so I'll take it

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful pic!! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very happy for you and the relief. Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the house sale! What a great way to begin a vacation. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you. I love that part of Oregon. I'd like to go back:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being under contract! Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here.
    We've only sold one house before(it took 10+ months to get a buyer)but will be listing one again very soon, I hope! So NOT looking forward to it though.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly and closing comes up before you know it.

    ReplyDelete