I managed to stick exactly to my pace time, which, given the distance, is pretty great. I was actually 6/10 of one second over my pace time, after 7 miles. I'll take it! About as precise as you can be.
I have some plans to amp up my training earlier in the year next year, as I hope to shave off 30 seconds/mile. We shall see. Our team placed in the top 6% of all teams. We have 4 people over 60, a 15 year old, and a variety of people in between. The fact that we all train hard & place high is my big motivator for taking it seriously & training. Who wants to let down their 62 year old uncle, who calls the relay his best weekend of the year? ;-)
Anyway, I'm back now &, as I didn't cook over the weekend, it will be a wild ride to get dinner on the table every night.
- Monday - tonight we had spaghetti & meatballs. The adults had homemade pesto on their pasta
- Tuesday - leftover kebabs, rice & Greek yogurt sauce
- Wednesday - Sam's first cross country meet, so we'll be home late. Baked chicken & gyozas (both from freezer)
- Thursday - back to school night at Nick's school. I'll defrost the quiche we have in the freezer.
- Friday - homemade naan pizzas
- Saturday - My picky eater (Nick) will be out of town, so I think we'll go out to Vietnamese food with Sam. (I'll also pre-make a meal for midweek, to ensure we don't run out of food!)
- Sunday - I'm planning to make soup (crockpot) & homemade rolls. Recipes still TBD
I'm hoping to use the long weekend to get some additional freezer meals prepped, as we are all heading to Portland the following weekend for my aunt's wedding. My aunt is my mom's sister, and she's been mentally disabled since she was a child, and has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old or so. She's now in her early sixties, and is getting married (first time). Too say she is thrilled would be a giant under statement. It's actually quite a bit for flights for four, as our schedule is really fixed due to work. But, we're making it happen. It's really important for her that we attend, so we are flying in late on Friday, and returning on Sunday afternoon. It will be a bit of a whirlwind.
What about you? What's on the menu for the week ahead?