Here's how I did on my July goals:
1) Financial -
- Wrap up all last minute projects for the Seattle house sale. - DONE!!!! We closed on Friday!!!
- Finalize our budget list for our (new) house - Still working on this. M & I agreed to start really prioritizing this week.
- Finalize family budget for post rental house sale - Still working on this. M & I agreed to start really prioritizing this week.
- Find one alternative cost cutting option - Can't really think of anything for July.
- Keep July grocery spending to a minimum, and use as much as possible on our family vacation/avoid waste. - Our grocery bill was actually $200 over our target. However, we ended up having guests for almost half the month between our vacation house, and two visits to our house here in California. So, I'm happy we made smart use of our food & did a great job keeping eating out in check. We spent less than $150 on eating out this month, so I'm considering this a win with all of those guests!
- Sell another $100 of items on either eBay or my local Facebook swap site. -I made $30 finally selling our TV stand, but definitely didn't make it a priority.
- More decluttering & organizing in our new house (would like to get the boys closet shelving installed, so they can put away/organize all of their games & toys) - made no progress on this in July.
- Stay on budget for all our July events. - We did great! In fact, we came back from Las Vegas with some extra money (gambling wins!)
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids. This can be family puzzle night, cooking dinner together, board games, going out somewhere, etc. - we've had lots of fabulous time together in July.
- Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc. - we've had lots of fabulous time together in July.
- Enjoy an adult only vacation with M, to celebrate his milestone birthday. - it was amazing. A super relaxing & fun adventure, with lots & lots of laughs.
- 30 miles of pace training for my relay - I did 31 miles!
- Stay focused on my fitness, despite all of the many trips - July was kind of a mixed bag with my fitness. Details below.
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day - Definitely not. I'd say I averaged around 3/day.
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio - I finished the month with 805 minutes.
- Complete 6 strength workouts. - I completed a super paltry 2 strength workouts in July
- Complete 6 stretching workouts. - and only 3 stretching workouts.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress - July was a good month for enjoying time & balance with friends & family.
- Work from home 2x this month. - Done.
- Brainstorm how I would spend my time if I wasn't working. Really think creatively about what this would mean, what the challenges would be, etc. - I put a few thoughts together, but this will carryover to August.
- Try a new recipe - not in July, but I'm excited that I'm ordering a crockpot to make meal planning during busy days early.
- Do something social at least once per month. - plenty of social things happened in July! Fabulous & amazing time off.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month. - I didn't manage that this month, but I did make my contribution to both schools for fall. I will go back to volunteering once school is back on.
It wasn't a great month for my fitness, but it was a fabulous month for vacations, family & friend time, and selling our house! Super excited that is now done.
What about you? How did you do with your July goals? Any big wins?