Saving on things we buy:
- Found more discounted sausage for $.99/package, so bought two for breakfast for Sam & M. They love it, & it's significantly cheaper than bacon when on markdown.
- Bought two packages of snack bars for the boys camp lunches for $1/box. I don't typically buy those type of treats (too much sugar), but they are playing soccer 6 hours/day this week, so I figured they would burn it off. :-)
- Remembered that I had a Walgreens account attached to my Fitbit, so installed the app & saw that I had a $20 reward!
- Bought a hard seltzer 12 pack for $13.99, and filled out a rebate to earn $12 back. Walgreens makes things so difficult (out of the product at two stores, rebate doesn't print, etc), but finally got it to work.
- I bought a $99 all inclusive fitness pass at a local studio I've been wanting to try. This has been great over my sabbatical, as my schedule is much more flexible. The classes are normally $25!!! I've already been 6 times, and plan to go another 6-8 times. That will make the classes a reasonable value, and will keep me in shape when the weather is too hot to be outside. It's also a good challenge for me, and I've been enjoying the social element.
- Sold a few things on eBay
- Filled out surveys on Swagbucks, and got invited to participate in a multi week community, that pays reasonably well
- Completed Bing tasks, to earn towards another gift card
- Updated all listings, changed prices, reviewed offers, etc.
- Saved $80 (&, $40 for a friend) by driving to pick up the boys from camp. Normally, they ride the bus, but since I was off this year, I had the option of picking them up. The road is incredibly windy & freaks me out, and I contemplated numerous times having them take the bus. Sucked it up, practiced deep breathing, & made it work!
- Took out the last frozen pizza crust (it was part of a 3 crust pre made kit & sauce my husband picked up on a whim back in January or something). Everyone far preferred a homemade crust, but I picked up a nicer package of pepperoni to add, so the boys ate it. It's now out of the freezer!
- Found a self addressed stamped envelope buried in our card drawer. Used it to mail in my Walgreens rebate (above). Win!
- Continue to eat items from the freezer for dinner, make the most of leftovers, & watch our grocery bill!