Monday, August 26, 2019

Menu Plan Monday

Our team finished the big relay this year, and placed quite highly (3rd in our division). We did great, and Sam was amazing. It was quite an adventure for him to stay up late, sleep in the van, do his leg at midnight in the dark. He was incredibly fast, and didn't get passed once. He was very excited.

We are both sore & tired today, and I'm trying to get the house unpacked & my chores done before they shut off the power. The power company is doing some work in our neighborhood, and the power is supposed to be off for most of the day.

I'm late to the party with my menu plan, and I didn't cook over the weekend due to being out of town. So, here's what I'm thinking about for the weekly menu:


  • Sunday - we had frozen lasagna
  • Monday - egg roll in a bowl
  • Tuesday - leftover lasagna
  • Wednesday - leftover egg roll in a bowl
  • Thursday - tacos. Sam has been asking for tacos for several weeks now
  • Friday - homemade pizza for the boys, Keto pizza for the adults
  • Saturday - date night. The boys will have tacos
What about you? What's on your menu this week?

8 comments:

  1. An eating out of the freezer week for us. No idea but I need to take stock of what is in there as I don't want to buy any more groceries this week :) So glad Sam was able to be well enough to do the relay and enjoyed himself, something he will likely always look fondly back on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to schedule an eating out of the freezer week. I'm thinking next week, when I go back to work. Oh yes, Sam was so thrilled with the event & his own time.

      Delete
  2. We are eating down the fridge in advance of leaving on a long trip, so lots and lots of salads this week, and an equal amount of watermelon (What was I thinking? Two people are not capable of eating a whole watermelon!) Tonight we had a pork sausage stir fry and it was delicious.

    Congrats on your great race! I did Ragnar a few years ago with my oldest daughter, and had a blast. Once was enough for me though, so my hats off to you for being a repeat attendee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, your pork sausage stir fry sounds fantastic. Yum!

      I've been wanting to try a Ragnar, and our team won free entry to another relay due to placing top 3 in our division. So, another adventure to plan!

      Delete
  3. Your menu sounds great. We've not had the egg roll in a bowl in a while. I need to make that soon. We had Beefy Baked Beans on Sunday and Pork BBQ yesterday. I have some taco meat I'm going to make something with today. Tomorrow will be chicken chimichangas I believe. After that I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'd love a chicken chimichanga recipe. Sam would enjoy that for sure.

      Delete
  4. Congrats to Sam! Your menu looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's still catching up on homework & sleep, but is feeling great about the race.

      Delete