Sunday, October 29, 2023

Sunday Things

 Yesterday's workout class really tired me out (this week is part of an "extreme" workout challenge), so I was not super energetic for the rest of the day. ;-)

I made cheater gyros for dinner (meat from Costco), so it was mainly just assembling sides. Nick isn't a huge fan of this gyro meat (although, randomly Greek food is his favorite, he doesn't like the flavor of this particular one), so he had a naan grilled cheese instead, with all of the sides. 

Sam & I worked on college applications for hours & we have submitted the first half of the applications!!! Woohoo!! It was a pretty big milestone, and he's been working on some of the essays since this summer. What a relief. The ones that remain either have very separate essay requirements, or you can't submit via the Common App. I also spent a small fortune on application fees, but I was happy to be at the phase where we were actually paying & submitting. 

As for today, here's what I'm up to:

  • Another workout class (and, one tomorrow, and then I'll be finished with the challenge)
  • Help Sam with college applications, which will take a minimum of 2-3 hours
  • Prep crockpot carnitas
  • Pick up chicken broth, which I noticed we're out of & need for my recipe
  • Laundry
  • Talk to the kids/M about plans for Thanksgiving, Christmas & Sam's graduation trip. 
  • Clean the house (always a treat)
  • Sweep outside
What about you? What are you up to today? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not up to much today, although I would like to mop the kitchen floor. We will see if that gets done or not. It's nice to have part of the college application process done, isn't it? Hopefully, it will be done with before too long. We've discussed Thanksgiving Day plans too and I've been working on Christmas as well. It's nice to get these things settled so I can relax before the holidays arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Son3 applied to 7 different school and there is just no way to rein in the spending associated with it. I just hope your son lands somewhere he loves! Then it will all be worth it.

    ReplyDelete