Monday, October 30, 2023

October Goals Recap

 October was another whirlwind month! Let's see how I did with my goals.

Financial

  • Stick to our budget. - nope, college application fees, SAT prep & some other tutoring killed the budget.
  • Use three "hard to use" freezer or pantry items - yes! All of the chicken sausages & hot dogs were used up, as well as some hoagie buns that were on the verge of needing to be tossed out of the freezer.
  • Stick to our travel budget in Hawaii - yes
Family 
  • One fun activity with each teen - not me, but my parents did lots of fun stuff while they were in town. I'm so grateful for their help, and how they are so engaged as grandparents! Volleyball matches, football games, Ross shopping, dinner out. They are awesome!
  • Have two meetings with each teen - so many discussions! All about colleges, for both boys. 
  • Help Sam with college applications - WOOHOO! So much progress was made. Only two applications remain. This was a huge, huge, huge work item for the month. I'm so happy we made this much progress. 
  • Finalize Hawaii plans - absolutely!
  • Have a fabulous trip to Hawaii with M - it was one of our favorite trips ever. 
  • Plan a menu for the month - yep. I'm sticking with it loosely, as my parents ate a few things, left a few other things, etc. I'm also trying to reduce waste. 
  • Deep clean one item/area in the house - nope. I forgot all about this. 
Fitness/health:
  • Run 30 miles - I ran 24 miles
  • Follow the No S diet, entirely when not traveling. And, loosely when traveling. - eh, very loosely on both sides. 
  • Complete 10 strength training workouts - I completed 11 
  • Attend a pickle ball clinic - yes! I enjoyed it so much I went to two clinics. 
Personal:
  • Clean up the garden - I've done quite a bit of yard work, getting rid of leaves, dead heading all of the flowers, etc. 
  • Start learning Farsi - I started, but have practiced pretty minimally. 
  • Do something social with friends - my parents were here this month, & I was in France for part of the time, so giving myself a pass. Plenty of social moments. 
  • Give away 20 items on Buy Nothing - yes
  • Try a new recipe - no, I forgot about this one as well. 
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my progress. I set the bar reasonably low, but was able to achieve most of my goals, which makes me happy. What about you? How did you do with your goals for October?



2 comments:

  1. My gas budget went way over in October due to PT Appointments, but I'm about half way done with those now. It's so great that your parents are so involved in the lives of your children. I love that. Sounds like you did really good with your goals for October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for both Sam and you that the college applications are almost done. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete