Saturday, May 18, 2024

Saturday Happenings

It's been a full week, with lots of senior graduation activities. I'm so happy I have this time off of work, to enjoy this season of life. 

I finished my club soccer senior night volunteer project (hurrah!) & am ever so grateful that responsibility is off of my plate. Last night, I volunteered to assemble gift bags for the senior graduation party. In a few hours, a friend is coming over & we are making senior posters, for graduation. Looking at all of the photos of Sam over the years makes me emotional.

Nick is currently in Sacramento with the tennis team, as they've made it to the state semi-finals. He's having a great time, and is low down on the roster, but got to play yesterday. He was quite excited. 

I've made a bunch of progress on the yard work, and have been steadily working on increasing my running miles for the month. I'm at 41 miles so far.

I think I'm going to make crockpot carnitas for dinner tonight, which I haven't made in a long time. We usually turn the carnitas into tacos from there, and I also enjoy having it over salads.

I'm also straightening the house, & getting things organized, as my parents are visiting for Sam's graduation in a few weeks.

Okay, on to today. Here's what's on my list:

  • Poster assembly with friend
  • Laundry
  • Make carnitas
  • Work in the yard
  • Go for a run
  • Daily chores (Farsi lesson, meditate, journal)
  • Play pickle ball with M
I think that's pretty much it! What about you? What's your plan for today? 

1 comment:

  1. My plan for today was to complete my quilt flimsy. Did not happen as my eyes kept going to the box that contains my loom parts. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon will see the flimsy mostly completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete