Wednesday, October 2, 2024

September Goals Recap

September was a great month, with a hiking trip to Moab, dropping Sam off at college & that experience all going really well. There is still time for him to get homesick, of course, but for now, he seems to be doing fantastic, so we are thrilled about that.

Here's how I did with the rest of my goals for September.

Financial:

  • Achieve September savings goal - We were about $800 short of our savings goal, although if I add in the October interest, we achieved our goals. Not sure where to count the interest we earn on our CDs/accounts at the beginning of each month. It doesn't really matter, but I want to be sure I'm tracking consistently month on month. For now, I'll count it was a win, and start including those at the end of each month.
  • Confirm that M's BA miles were extended - done
  • Freezer challenge: get rid of a minimum of six items - crushed this! Used up:
    • Chicken Alfredo, chicken fajitas, chicken marsala, honey chicken
    • Edamame
    • Two chunks of French bread
    • A breakfast sandwich
    • 6 bananas
    • White bean soup
    • 2 burger patties
    • Panko shrimp
  • Get car sold - no, but M got it listed a couple of days ago & has shown it to a few people already
  • Update CDs that are renewing - yes, done
  • List 5 items on eBay - I listed at least 10, & I made $330 in September
Family:
  • Help Nick with college essays/applications & achieve all school deadlines - yes! We got all schools that were open for applications completed in September! We are crushing it.
  • Get Sam successfully moved into college & transitioned - yes, and he's doing great
  • Adjust menu plan for 3 vs 4 diners - eh, we've been kind of winging it so far. And, is further complicated by Nick's practice schedule. We'll need to experiment a bit. 
Fitness:
  • Continue PT - I really didn't do well with my PT this month. As my hip has felt better, and I do many similar exercises at my workout class. I need to remember to focus on the few that I don't get in at my class. 
  • 15 strength workouts - I got in 13, with traveling
  • Follow the No S diet 15 days & track calories daily - I tracked calories daily, and followed the No S diet 9 times
  • Have a successful hiking trip to Moab - done, and it was fabulous!
Personal:
  • Complete daily tasks 20 times (meditate, language lesson, journal) - yes, 22 times
  • Get together with friends - tons of meet ups this month, plus hiking trip
  • Declutter 25 items - got rid of 49 items
  • Continue exploring jobs - had a few interviews, applied for additional jobs
  • Spend time on volunteer role - I'm mentoring 3 students, and continue to really enjoy it
  • Play pickleball 3x - we tried once and the courts were taken, and the rest of the time our schedule didn't work out, it was too hot, or we just plain forgot
What about you? How did you do on your goals for the month? 


1 comment:

  1. So happy Sam is loving college and Nick has successfully completed his college applications! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete