- I sold a Victoria's Secret gift card that I've had for at least a couple of years. I'll get a check for $30, after they receive it.
- Listed a pair of boots on eBay.
- Redeemed more United miles for a $100 Amazon gift card. Normally, gift cards aren't a valuable redemption option for miles, but I can't find any flights on United for routes I normally fly. In fact, I have a $200 United credit that I'm not sure how I can use. So, in this case, the $100 of Amazon credit is a better option.
- Went with a day camp today for the boys random school day off (cheaper than our nanny), and saved at least $22.
- Skipped cleaning lady today (she's on vacation), plan to clean the house myself, & saved $90.
- The $14.99 prepared flatbread that M asked for when I was traveling. And forgot to use. It was moldy by the time I came home. I apparently can't let this one go. ;-) No, really, I just like to ensure that I remember both the things that went well, and learn from my mistakes.
So, total savings = $227. Which isn't so bad, after factoring in my wins & losses. I didn't include the ebay item, as I'm not sure it will sell.
What about you? What are your frugal wins & fails for the last week?