- Stick to our budget - mostly on track, but our childcare budget is up due to paying for a camp in February ($478 for a week of camp, and we will still need our nanny that week, as camp ends at three. :-((
- Reach out to new accountant - our old one retired :-(( - Done!
- Save $1,000 - yes! I saved $1,756 (in addition to my planned bonus savings). Not that I'm counting those dollars. ;-) Plus, the grand old $.58 of interest.
- Work on plans for the boys birthday parties in February - I've gotten the party invites sent out, and done a lose menu.
- Do a fun activity with the boys - Today is the day for the activity! We are going to see Star Wars, and Sam will have a friend sleepover after. That means both boys will have had a sleepover this month as well.
- Have a date night with M - I've got to get this planned. Maybe next weekend? I'm heading to Tokyo on Sunday, but could squeeze it in on Saturday.
Fitness (this needs to be a top priority in January, as well as the rest of the year):
- Lose 3 pounds - I managed to lose 1.5 pounds for the month. Considering that I normally gain on business trips (I held steady this time), I'm pleased with my results. Not perfect, by any means, but a very positive step in the right direction.
- Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables, 28 of 31 days. I only got 3 & 4, respectively, yesterday & on New Year's Day, so this gives me one extra day of cushion. - I decided to go for a rolling average, and got to 4.6 per day. I'm pleased, again, given the traveling. All of those flights & meals that I'm held captive to the choices during meals out were difficult, so I'm happy that I was so close to 5. I've definitely changed my eating habits to cut out unnecessary junk, and focus on healthy choices.
- Complete 8 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates) - I finished the month with 5 stretching workouts.
- Complete 10 strength workouts - I finished the month with 8 strength workouts.
- Complete 850 minutes of cardio - I finished with 690 minutes of cardio.
- Average 1450 calories/day - So close! I finished at 1485, which is a vast improvement over the previous six months. Woohoo!
- Maximum of one late night/week - Definitely not a win, as I had two weeks with double late nights, plus a trip.
- Organize travel schedule for the first half of the year - Yes, and in fact, I"m going to try to let Tokyo stand as my only international trip before I leave.
- Work from home at least one Friday this month - I did this twice last month, and it was great. Definitely going to try to repeat this.
- Read a book - Yes, I've read six, in fact. :-) The one way that my international trip "helped" my goals.
- Try out my new adult coloring book :-) - Yes! I've enjoyed it, but the kids have also wanted to "help", so it's been less relaxing but a nice family project.
- Get together with a friend - I guess I can count my Star Wars movie time, but I was hoping for more of a girls fun hike or workout. I have at least been getting good chatting time with my friend at soccer games.
All in all, not a bad way to kick off the year! How about you? How did your January goals go? Any big wins or things that you'll carry over to February?