I love seeing what others buy at the grocery store, so here's what we bought this week. I bought everything but the green salsa at Costco, in case you're wondering about sizes. I needed that for my homemade chicken taquitos that I freeze & pull out for a quick & easy lunch.
- Clementines - $8.99
- Pears - $5.79
- Bananas - $1.39x2
- Grapes - $5.79
- Organic apples - $9.99
- Peaches - $8.99
- Pineapple - $2.99
- Honeydew - $2.99
- Carrots - $4.99
- Broccoli - $5.99
- Brussel sprouts - $3.99
- English cucumber (pack of 3) - $3.49x2
- Kale - $4.29
- 2% milk - $4.89
- Goat cheese - $6.79 (two large logs of goat cheese)
- A brick of Tillamook cheddar cheese - $8.49
- Organic eggs - $6.39
- Turkey breast for lunches - $11.37
- Torta rolls - $6.49
- Naan - $4.99
- Green salsa - $2.39
- Chicken potstickers - $6.99 (I was conned into these by my 10 year old :))
Total spent = $130.95 (Costco) + $2.39 at Lucky (for the salsa)
So, what do we do with all of the food?
- Well, the boys have eggs & fruit for breakfast every day. Yes, I try to get M to switch things up, but he's a man of routine.
- I eat at work during the work week - supplied by work, so no groceries required. On weekends, I usually have fruit, a smoothie, or an egg on toast.
- M eats lavosh bread with cucumber & feta, and sometimes a homemade muffin
- M & I both get free lunches at work (work week). On weekends, I typically have leftovers or a homemade taquito from the freezer + fruit, and carrots/hummus. I make M a sandwich with whatever's hanging around the fridge.
- During the school week, we pack lunches for the kids. They have either a thermos with pasta or leftovers, or a sandwich, fruit, a small treat, etc. On the weekends, the kids have things like quesadillas, mac & cheese, chicken, etc.
- I post my menu every week, and we have salad with every dinner. The kids drink milk, we drink water. We drink wine while making dinner on the weekend.
- We don't typically have dessert. The kids eat a bowl of fruit in the evenings.
- For snacks, I either make something (granola bars, etc), or the kids have smoothies, nuts, etc. We try to limit packaged food.
Other than the potstickers, this is a very typical shopping trip for us. What about you? What do you normally buy at the store?