Sunday, October 9, 2016

Using it up & getting things done

I was off to a slow start yesterday, so I'm motivated to check things off my to do list today. But first, a check in on my use it up fridge/freezer/pantry project!

Way back in July I posted about wanting to use up things in our fridge, pantry & freezer. Have I made any progress?

  • Lemons - well, I used all of the ones that I had that day, but more have grown! The struggle continues. :-) 
  • Two unopened tubs of Nutella - 3/4 gone. Although, TSA takes credit for a full jar. Who knew nutella was considered a liquid? I was bringing some to my mom, as she was hoping to make Nutella brownies. Anyway, Nutella brownies are amazing & you should make some. I'll use the rest of the Nutella for that, some other day.
  • Poppy seeds - (lemon poppy seed muffins)
  • 1/2 a bag of quinoa - down to about 1/4 of a bag. Hoping to use the rest in the next month or so. 
  • two tubs of pesto unearthed from the freezer, from many, many batches ago - one gone, one slotted to go into pesto risotto soon
  • 2/3 a bag of chia seeds - no progress. I need to start putting these into other things
  • 1/4 bag of Craisins
  • An enormous quantity of baking chocolate, repurposed from random bars & gifts - have been avoiding baking to try & lose weight, so no progress
  • 2/3 bag of cashew pieces (so, better for baking/cooking vs snacking, as not entire cashews) - no progress.
  • A bag of dried pinto beans (I need to cook these & freeze them for tacos). -Cooked them up today (a pain! Will never buy anything but canned again. Convenience trumps my time in this case. ;-) 
  • 8 individual packs of almonds & trail mix - no progress
  • 3 individual servings of honey peanut butter - no progress
  • 1 1/2 boxes of orzo - down to 1/2 a box 
  • 3/4 a large box of stuffing - no progress

And, here's my lengthy weekend to do list. 
  1. Menu plan
  2. Shopping list for the week
  3. Trip to Costco
  4. Trip to the produce stand
  5. Date night! 
  6. Get cash for the sitter
  7. Make banana bread - don't have enough bananas, so skipping this. 
  8. Laundry - have done 3 loads. Will do one more after soccer games are complete
  9. Saturday soccer game
  10. Sunday soccer game (x2)
  11. Budget
  12. Car rental for Hawaii trip
  13. Finalize plans for trip at the end of the month
  14. Catch up on some email
  15. Drop off books at the library
  16. Schedule for the week
  17. Carpool schedule
  18. Work schedule for the week
  19. Make taco meat - freezer
  20. Make tomato sauce - freezer
  21. Make bolognese sauce -freezer
  22. Yoga
  23. 3 mile run
  24. Sell "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books (Facebook group sale)
  25. Find one other item to list on FB group

A few hours left to do the rest. I think I can do it!! Woohoo! And, with that, the beans call me. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment