Before I get into the frugal stuff, can anyone explain how I can update my blog photo? The one of the beach? I have a nice updated Hawaii one that we took on our trip last year, but blogger is confusing me.
It wasn't a particularly frugal week, but a few things anyway:
- Changed hotel locations. Still nice, but we wanted to try somewhere we hadn't been to before (together, at least). More details on the location & activities to come! Also, our revised hotel is much cheaper, and comes with a free breakfast/day & a $100/night credit.
- Bought very inexpensive tickets for my parents trip to visit. $150/each, which is about $75/each less than an average ticket.
- Made dinner every night this week, even though I was light on plans. ;-)
- Used up a bunch of freezer items, including: naan bread (pizzas & gyros from them), the last of the taco meat, the remaining edamame, etc. I'm working towards a freezer clean out, so it's nice to trim back what we have. We are also having pizza from the freezer tonight. (Leftovers, to use up more of what lingers!)
- Filled out my expense reports in record time, as I had a few big charges on my personal card. (My choice, as I get hotel points & have a credit card through the same hotel).
And, that's it for me. We have a standard weekend, full of soccer & kid activities. I'm going to try & squeeze in some rest, as I clearly need it. What about you? What frugal activities have you managed this week?