Saturday, October 1, 2016

How did I do with my September goals?

The month feels really short, given I was out of town for a week. I'd like that bonus week back, please. ;-)

Finances:

  • Stick to our budget - Yes! We were actually under by $1300. I'll post a financial review of September soon. 
  • Save $2,500, in addition to our stock vests. - I saved $2,332. So, close. And got a big giant $10K stock vest this month. So, win?
  • Put $100/each in the boys college funds - yes!

Family:
  • Have one date night with M - yes, we had a great date on Labor Day weekend. 
  • Donate, sell or toss 50 items in the house. - easily got rid of 50 items, and sold a few things. 
  • Clean the garage! - Yikes, no. This is an "M" project, so I should probably review it from my to do list. 
  • Plan one family fun night, potentially a movie, popcorn, game night. - well, instead we did a date with Sam one night, while Nick was camping with a friend. 
  • Try a new recipe that everyone (including my little guy) will eat. - I found a recipe that 3 of 4 of us will eat, but not Nick. ;-) 


Fitness:
  • Lose 2 pounds.  - Yes! I lost 2.5 lbs. WOOHOO!
  • Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables - I finished with 3.5/day. The international traveling kills me, as I have to eat what's available & can't bring anything with me (not allowed to bring produce due to travel restrictions). 
  • Complete 5 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates) - I completed 3 stretching workouts.
  • Complete 7 strength workouts - Yes! I did 9 strength workouts, including 3 on my trip.
  • Complete 900 minutes of cardio. - Nope, only 600 minutes. 
  • Average 1350 calories/day - I finished at 1430, so close. 
  • Stay on track during my epic business trip - I cut way back on the sugar & alcohol while traveling, but still drank more than a normal week day, which increases my calories. I did work out 3 times, which is a new record. 

Work/Career:
  • Maximum of one late night/week - yes, except for my trip.
  • Work from home at least one Friday this month - yes, I managed 2x.

Personal/Creative:
  • Read four books - I read six books
  • Get together with one friend - I went for a hike with a friend. 

All in all, I'm very pleased with the month. I'm trying to find a way out of my London trip, and not travel any more in 2016. Fingers crossed! What about you? How did you do in September? 

4 comments:

  1. considering your travel schedule,and things not in your control, you did wonderfully on your goals. the fruit and ve3g one is hard even without travel-I am trying to plan the vegetables and fruit first, and fill in around those items, but still meals that aren't planned, it is a hard goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to decide if I can count edamame as a vegetable instead of a protein. It's one of my favorites & if so, I'm doing well. But yes, agree - much easier to plan the F&V & then fill in around that

      Delete
  2. You did really well based on schedule. We tend to have to buy some fruit every where we travel as it seems we eat more than others do. We always try and have a fridge so we can keep it. I only managed to read 2 books, likely due to the fact that I was doing so much research on Greece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I handle it when we travel for leisure. It's less of an option when I'm traveling for work. I try to partake in the vegetables, but the quality of produce is often not up to my spoiled US standards either.

      Delete