But, knowing that we are buying said house has driven us to lots of new frugality! :-) Silver lining, people! Here's what we've been up to:
- We've bought nothing during the week. Nada. Too busy documenting every place we've ever lived in the last 15 years for our lender. ;-)
- I sold a bunch of stuff on my local Facebook site:
- two coats for $20
- An electric keyboard/stand for $30
- Part of my shampoo stash for $5 (I had to switch to a specific shampoo due to some dry scalp complications from lupus). So, I'm never going to use the other shampoo & have a few extra bottles for guests. I don't want to move things we don't need.
- Sold two gift cards we don't need for $60
- Ate dinner at home every day, re-using leftovers from the weekend.
- I'm working from home today, so I made a fruit smoothie with free oranges from our tree, and leftover fruit. I'll have leftover soup for lunch.
- Cancelled a music service that M has had forever & rarely uses. I just noticed it on a bill recently.
- Called to track down 85,000 missing hotel points that got lost in a transfer between two accounts
- Maxed out my 401K for the year. And, in hindsight, really really wish I hadn't done that with my bonus, as we could use the cash now. But, it was too late to change it once it went through. Life lessons. ;-)
What about you? What were your frugal wins for the week?