The rain continues here, although it's supposed to clear up by the end of the week. Hurrah! The kids definitely get squirrely when they miss recess & outdoor PE.
I had a big cooking session yesterday afternoon. I knew that it would be my only chance to prep food for the week. I made:
- homemade rolls - amazing - the kids were drooling when they came out of the oven
- Granola bars - the taste was good, but they were crumbly, regardless of how long I chilled them, so I had to turn most of it into granola
- Peanut butter cookies - I have an (almost) 11 year old who is going through a major growth spurt. I can barely keep him fed. The majority of his snacks are healthy, but he has room for treats. Unlike me. ;-) I don't think I've ever made peanut butter cookies before (too tempting), but these were easy & fabulous.
- A double batch of chicken pastina - one was for dinner last night, and one went into the freezer for another meal. This is an old favorite & is delicious.
We also made huge progress on one of the kid's rooms. We probably tossed 50 things (recycled, as lots of school paperwork - he's a clutter bug) & donated another 25 items. I love feeling like we're making progress & reducing things we need to move!
Here's what else I'd like to get done today:
- A run or walk (may replace with a cardio workout DVD if the rain doesn't let up)
- Wash all bedding
- Build schedule for the week
- Arrange soccer carpool
- Pick up moving boxes
- Go to the produce stand
- Return books to the library
- Finish going through both kids rooms.
- Try a new Persian recipe (cutlet) for dinner. M's mom bakes these vs fry, which is what I'll try. Fingers crossed!
What about you? Have you made any good new recipes? What's one thing you'd like to accomplish today?