I like to check in on my goals, particularly in the earlier months/weeks, where I literally forget some of the goals I've set. ;-)
1) Financial - Figure out our housing situation, and get it all resolved (i.e. moved, job changes as needed) before school starts. - I've started on our housing range. We contacted our renters, and they are unable to buy now. That puts us in a place of needing to re-evaluate our buying timeline & plans. I need to set up a meeting with our accountant & understand the best options for selling. I did inventory & track the stockpile of our toiletries. I'm still looking for the January "permanent" savings, but have some ideas!
- Build our pricing range (it's not fixed, as there are a variety of contingencies, depending upon the sale of our Seattle house).
- Inventory & track various stockpiles, to reduce waste & minimize what we need to move.
- Come up with one new way to reduce what we need on an ongoing basis. Examples I've kicked around: find an alternative to all of the ziplock bags/plastic wraps we use for kid lunches. Put a container in the shower to save water for the yard. Collect rain in buckets. Create a compost bucket for the kitchen, so it's easy to compost food scraps. All of these are meant to be permanent changes, so not focused on one time savings.
- Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids. This can be family puzzle night, cooking dinner together, board games, going out somewhere, etc.
- Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc.
- Have two dates with M per month (one lunch, one evening)
- Figure out what to do with our February trip. We were originally going to spend 10 days in Seattle/Portland, getting the boys familiar with the area & skiing. Given our change in plans/unknown status, we may stay here instead.
- No alcohol in January!
- Run 16 miles in January.
- Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day
- Complete 1,000 minutes of cardio
- Complete 6 strength workouts.
- Complete 6 stretching workouts.
4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance. - This is a work in progress, and going back to work after the holiday time off was no small feat. But I did work from home one day already.
- Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress (until I leave)
- Work from home 2x this month.
- Bake bread, and try a new recipe.
- Do something social at least once per month.
- Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month.
What about you? How are you doing on your January goals?