Here's what's on the menu for the week:
- Sunday - kebabs & rice (M grilled for us)
- Monday - Costco pizza (I see it lurking in the fridge. M & the boys must have picked this up while I was gone)
- Tuesday - leftover kebabs & rice
- Wednesday - tacos
- Thursday - spaghetti & meatballs
- Friday - oven baked chicken risotto
And, although it wasn't a super frugal weekend due to traveling, there were some frugal victories along the way.
- Took an Uber pool to the airport. I've never done the pool option, but Uber was extremely expensive when I needed a ride. So, I saved $16 and my ride only cost $8. It added about 5 minutes to the ride, and was quick & easy.
- Brought my own water bottle to refill at the airport on both sides.
- We only bought one meal out on our trip. I paid, as the other girls had purchased breakfast, wine & dinner stuff to eat at the house.
- I was able to find summer clothes for the boys at Costco, and got them pretty much everything they need for the next year or so (minus a pair of jeans) for $80.
- I also found replacement shoes for Nick, who has grown an entire full size in a few months. They were at the Nike outlet, and I paid under $20.
- I had to cancel my work London trip (unrelated to frugality - only related to work stuff), but that saves me money on nanny hours, as it's harder for us to keep the time in check when only one person is trying to cover all pickups. This will likely save around $50.
- I was looking for a few things at the outlets (I typically shop just when I'm with my friends, as I find it helpful to have a 2nd & 3rd opinion). I was able to buy a replacement black work cardigan, a black tank, and a dressier navy tshirt to go under cardigans. All of these are work options, & will replace things that are looking shabby. I wash everything, including my dressy clothes, but line dry. They do need to be replaced faster, but I also don't pay for dry cleaning. It's a tradeoff, I suppose. Everything was a fantastic price, & I used up an Under Armour store credit to get the boys a couple of shirts, as well as a Gap credit to get a tank top for myself.
That's it for me. I need to work through my long to do/catch up list for the week & get things done! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.