Friday, April 14, 2017

Frugal Friday

We've had guests all week (my parents) & they stayed with us & hung out with the boys over spring break. Everyone has been having a great time!

Here's a small list of the frugal things I've managed this week:

  1. We didn't pay for a spring break camp (around $700), but instead had my parents here. We paid for their flights (~$300) & gave them $100 for kid activities (trampoline park, arcade, etc). 
  2. I didn't need the nanny, or cleaning lady this week because my parents are amazing.
  3. Planned to take an Uber to & from dinner (I took my mom out as a thank you, because she spent 30+ hours cleaning my house to get rid of all of the construction debris/dust) so we could enjoy wine. M offered to drive us there, saving $15. I tried to book an Uber home, but the app was not cooperating. I cancelled our ride, as M was able to pick us up. I did get charged a $5 cancellation fee, but that was still $15 less than what the Uber would have cost.
  4. My parents cooked for us all week, and now I have dinner leftovers in the freezer, plus protein balls & banana bread. Yum!
  5. Shuffled a bunch of furniture around in the new house, so I won't need to order a replacement night stand. Very excited, as they are extremely expensive in the line we have for the rest of the room.

That's about it for us. My parents are doing an Easter egg hunt with the kids this evening, and surprising them with a trip to Disneyland (in June). The boys will be thrilled. :-) I need to start packing for my girls trip/London trip. What about you? What frugal things have you done this week? 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done squat to be frugal this week, but I haven't spent money on unnecessary things. Right now I am just not in the mood to try and be uber frugal. Maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing frugal other than nondrycleaned clothes. I'm enjoying my brief visit at my daughters.

    ReplyDelete