Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I used up all of my plenti points

You may remember that I've been on a toiletry ban & had a goal to get through 6 months without spending anything on toiletries. I started the year with a stash of Rite Aid plenti points (close to $90) & was planning to get through June with that.

Unfortunately, I've been out of face lotion, and multiple substitutes were not working. With lupus, my skin requires a specific type of lotion, and lots of sunblock for my face. (I take a prescription that makes the sun even more powerful, & I'm already pretty fair & living in California).

I was also out of Advil PM, which I use when I'm traveling to try & get as much sleep as possible - despite jet lag.

I used the last of my plenti points today ($29.45), & then earned $10 more. I'm out of pocket $19.17, but only part of that was considered a toiletry. The Advil comes out of our health category for the year.

In the end, Rite Aid was having a BOGO50% off sale on my lotion, so I was able to get two containers for $34. Additionally, I also picked up a lip balm with sunblock, as my lips are also starting to get sun spots. Yikes.

I continue to inventory all of the rest of my toiletries, and everything is in reasonably good shape, quantity wise. I'm hoping to now make the $10 in plenti points last through June!

What about you? Do you track your toiletries (shampoo, soap, floss, toothpaste, lotion, makeup, etc) to ensure you have enough? How do you find the best buy on this category of items?

2 comments:

  1. I am one of those bulk buyers. We use a specific brand of shampoo and it can sometimes be bogo or even less. I stack coupons with the sales and buy as many as I can. The same applies to every purchase I make whether it's cleaning products, toilet paper, whatever. I rarely get below at least 2 of anything before a new sale appears and then I do the stock up all over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great strategy. I lost track of my inventory for a while there, which led to me owning 10+ of certain items. Oops. :-)

      Delete