1. Do you talk to family and friends freely about money like you may do on your blog? - We talk about expense-type things, but rarely about income or investments.
2. When is the last time you went out for a nice meal? (And enjoyed it) - We went to dinner to celebate my half marathon, & it was our first date night in months. I did enjoy it, but it was a rich dinner, & we don't typically eat like that. Fine for an occasional treat.
3. You are given $500, where does it go? - Right now I would put it towards new running shoes for me & M.
4. A job you hate for 6 figures or a job you love for minimum wage? - I've had a job I hate for 6 figures, & I've worked here for 15 years. I haven't hated it in the entire time (& I certainly didn't start out making 6 figures), & I currently enjoy my job quite a bit. That said, during the times I have hated it, it's super hard to give up the money. I really enjoy other aspects of my life, but like the financial security and make those other enjoyable things hobbies rather than my career.
5. Green thumb or brown thumb? - Brown thumb!
6. What would be a "do over and do different" in your life? - I was really, really tentative and insecure growing up. I wish I could go back in time, build up my confidence and ignore the critics.
7. What would be a "do-again"? - Marrying my fabulous husband, and the timing of our kids. At the time, it was an accident to have them so close together, & those first few years were very painful, but now it's perfect.
8. Most expensive piece of clothing you ever bought? (Includes wedding wear) - Minus jewelry, a pair of very expensive Louboutin heels. I wore them a few times for work meetings in New York at Fashion Week, where they were pretty much right in style. I subsequently broke my foot (not wearing those shoes) & sold them on eBay last year. I made about 85% of my money back, as they are no longer available. They were the classic kind, & looked similar to this:
9. What do you collect? - I honestly can't think of anything. I like my house & closet neat & organized. I do, however, have way more lipgloss than I can ever possibly go through. I *love* it, and I'm a little obsessed.
10. The last thing that you baked as a treat? - Last time I baked was last week, & I made cranberry muffins, and two kinds of granola bars.
11. Would you be able to handle 6 months without any income for your family? - Both of us losing our jobs over the same period of time would be extremely unusual, but that's not to say it absolutely couldn't happen. Yes, we could, but it would be very unpleasant.
Here are my 11 questions:
- What song are you singing/enjoying
- Current favorite lunch
- Biggest financial regret
- Smartest financial decision
- When/where was the last time you went out to eat
- What's your favorite thing about spring
- Are you a workout person? Favorite type of exercise
- Name 5 things on your bucket list that you've yet to do
- Are you comfortable with your retirement planning? Why/why not?
- When do you expect to purchase a new (to you) car? What kind?
- Rank these people in order of spending a day with them, from (based on what you know right now, you'd find) most to least enjoyable:
- Tiger Woods
- Lindsay Lohan
- Britney Spears
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- Kate Middleton
- Justin Bieber
- Jennifer Aniston
- Kim Kardashian
- Prince Harry
- Ryan Gosling
I'm going to nominate: