I didn't set goals until mid-month, but here's how I did.
- Make an appointment with an eye doctor. (This is a requirement before I've been on my medication for more than a month, due to side effects.) - Yes!
- Get together with at least two friends. I can feel myself "closing off" a bit as I deal with stress, and I need my friends now, more than ever. - Yes! Lots of friends get togethers, & I can feel my mood improving. I feel so blessed to have such an awesome variety of friends.
- Work my network. I have 15 years of experience, and a lot of fantastic contacts. My best chance of landing a flexible role that pays well is through my network. - Sort of. Had dinner with a friend (not expecting it to be networking related) & it may end up being that. Also set up a few lunches for next month.
- Find one budget category to cut this month. - Well, we cut our cleaning lady back to 2x/month (instead of weekly) but that was mostly planned & agreed upon.
- Decide on next ten items for eBay, and take all photos. - I did 8, which I'm fine with. :-)
- Figure out what to do with the odds & ends in my freezer, & then actually do something with it. I'm looking at you:
- carrots (already pureed). Maybe muffins? - Yes, made some fabulous carrot muffins!
- bits & pieces of homemade bread. Bread crumbs or just for the ducks? :-) - Most of it's gone, but haven't given the rest to the ducks. ;-0
- A small chunk of ham. Lentil soup? - It hasn't felt like soup weather, so the ham still remains. Mocking me, in the freezer. :-)
- Mango. Smoothies or mango sorbet - Nope, still planning on making smoothies.
- Complete 800 minutes of cardio, 15 strength workouts, & 5 stretching workouts. - I did 927 minutes of cardio, 13 strength (a personal high!) & 2 stretching workouts.
- Plan vacation in June with M. - Yes! We're going to Las Vegas together. I'm was invited to play in a slot tournament, & it just sounded fun. ;-)
- Plan/make reservations for girls trip in July. - I kicked off an email to the girls, but we haven't made any final decisions yet.
- Celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday, and Mother's Day with my mom this weekend, and stay calm. Keep the budget under control. - The trip went well & the budget was pretty much as expected!
- Have 8 No Spend Days. - Yes, we had 10 no spend days!
Fun weekend so far. We went to a parade yesterday to see my best friend's daughters dance, and then had lunch & relaxed with them. Today I got up & made breakfast, then pizza dough, a loaf of bread for sandwiches, & 3 dozen cranberry muffins. (M's favorite). The freezer is now stocked with muffins again, and we will be having pizza for dinner. I took the boys to swimming, picked up M's birthday gift, and went for a very slow 4 mile run - with some walking breaks. It felt amazing to run in the sunshine, but I am trying hard to listen to my body & take it easy. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
How did you do with your May goals? Are you having a fun & fabulous weekend?