Saturday, April 13, 2024

April Goal Check In

April is whizzing by, and we'll be (hopefully) skiing next week, so a slightly earlier than mid-month goal check in for the month. 

Nick has a soccer game today, and it's pouring buckets. We also have pickle ball lessons, but given the weather, those seem unlikely. I'm hoping the rain lightens up a bit before the game!

April Goals:

Financial:

  • Pay federal & state taxes - done
  • Sort out cash flow & remaining 2024 budget, post severance numbers - I still don't have my complete severance numbers, but have built a plan based on an estimate
  • Earn $300 in side hustle - I've made $100/$300
  • Monthly freezer challenge: use up fish sticks, rotisserie chicken & pulled pork- used the pulled pork, the rotisserie chicken, a bag of pizza rolls & 1/2 a bag of cranberries
Family:
  • Last college tour + confirm decision & begin college admission work  - college is tour is done, waiting on final decision from Sam
  • Help Nick with college tasks - we've made some progress
  • Both boys - AP test prep - both boys are working on this, but have a lot of studying to do next week
  • Have a great & on budget spring break trip - coming up this week!
  • Continue to plan Costa Rica trip for the fall - waiting for Sam's college decision, as several of the schools have parents weekends near our anniversary. 
  • Plan one fun activity with the boys - spring break!
Fitness:
  • 10 stretching workouts - 5/10
  • Lose 3 lbs - 0/3, although I can definitely tell that I'm more toned & in better shape than I was a month ago
  • 12 strength training workouts - 6/12 so far
  • Run 60 miles - 30/60 miles
  • Follow the No S diet - I've been okay at this. I've been having peanuts as a pre-dinner snack, as our dinner time has varied lately due to teen activities. 
Personal:
  • Get together with friends - yep, I've met up with friends for coffee, hikes, walks, etc. 
  • Practice Farsi 20 times - 10/20
  • Declutter 100 items from the house - 25/100
  • Meditate daily - I missed a couple of days while traveling, but otherwise yes
  • Complete the Science of Well Being course - almost done!
  • Complete resume revamp - yes, draft one is complete
  • 30 minutes of fiction writing - haven't started
  • Work on volunteer soccer project - kicked off some work for this, but need to shift this into high gear next week
What about you? How are you doing with your April goals? Any wins to share, so we can cheer you on?

2 comments:

  1. I did get all the books from Dad's office out of here, so that was a major goal of mine. I'm glad it's done too as it was a major job that had been weighing us down for years. Sounds like you did good with your goals. Sometimes writing them down is half the battle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowly but surely working on projects and cleaning up the yard and flower bed. I do a bit of work until my back begins to bother me and then start on something else or have a rest.

    You are doing very well with your goals.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete