Saturday, April 20, 2024

Saturday Happenings

 Both boys were unexpectedly home for dinner last night, so I ran to the store to grab a few things to round out the ground beef I had in the fridge. We had ground beef tacos, which were delicious & came together quickly. 

Sam & I have been spending quite a bit of time the last few days discussing his college decisions. It's hard to be 18 & deciding your next step. I'm hopeful we'll have an answer by the end of the weekend. A lot of other decisions can then be made, paper work can begin, housing applications, deposits, enrollments, rejections of the other colleges, etc.... lots of carry on work from there.

I'm not going to my normal workout studio class this morning, as they are having a special event. Instead, I'm planning to go for a run in our neighborhood, and clock some additional miles for my 60 mile running goal for the month. Back to Sam's college decisions, I'm waiting to see if I'll be able to do the big relay this summer, but it will be dependent upon Sam's move in day.

Nick also has a soccer game I'd like to attend, & M & I have pickle ball lessons, so it should be a pretty busy day.

Here's the full list of to do's:

  • Run
  • Laundry
  • Journal
  • Farsi lesson
  • Meditate
  • Vacuum
  • Nick's soccer game
  • Pickle ball
  • Sam's college discussion, part many
  • Make dinner (new recipe for Asian beef rice skillet)
  • Yard work
  • Package & mail eBay sale
  • Submit receipt for gym class via work portal
That's it from my side. What about you? What are you up to today? Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. One advantage to a kid going to college across the country is that move in day consists of waving goodbye from the driveway as they head to the airport. Twenty minutes, maximum! Daughter went a day early, stayed in a hotel, and purchased anything she needed beyond what was in her suitcase. Easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, my family is pretty close by to the college Sam chose (90 minutes away), so there will be plenty of help! (HP)

      Delete
  2. That is exciting news about Sam and sure sounds like you are very busy! I am talking with his three older siblings about my youngest son’s graduation from law school next month, and firming up what the little grandkids will need after they fly here since cannot take that much on plane. I have already walked an hour and a half today. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fun! Hope the law school graduation is fabulous! (HP)

      Delete
  3. Oh, how exciting! I can't wait to hear of he makes a decision! And way to go on the 60 miles a month! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a relief to have the decision made! (HP)

      Delete