Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A day in the life

I love when other people post this kind of stuff, so I thought I would do the same.

Here's a sample day in my house:

  • 5:00 am - stumble out of bed & look for my running stuff, most of which I set out the night before.
  • 5:10 - 6:00 am - run 4+ miles.
  • 6-6:15 - shower & make coffee
  • 6:15-7:00 - make breakfast, reply to a few emails for my peer team in Europe
  • 7:00-7:30 - get ready for work
  • 7:30- 7:35- corral the kids into backpacks, jackets & shoes
  • 7:40 - bus comes
  • 7:45 - 8:00 - commute to work
  • 8-4 - work. All kinds of fun stuff, but mostly meetings, emails, calls, etc.
  • 4-4:15 - commute
  • 4:15 - pick up kids
  • 4:30 -4:45 - arrive home, unpack car, unload dishwasher, fold a load of laundry, gather soccer practice gear
  • 4:45-5:00 - drive to soccer
  • 5-6 - soccer practice. My youngest is in kindergarten, so I read email & fool around on my phone since I need to stay at the park.
  • 6-6:15 - drive home
  • 6:15 - 6:45 - dinner, assuming M has been home to prep it for us.
  • 6:45-7:15 - homework & bath time
  • 7:15-8:00 - general household stuff: packing lunches, dishes, laundry, prepping any meal stuff for the next day, getting my running stuff out, & any kids paperwork that needs to be returned.
  • 8-8:15 - story time
  • 8:15-9:15 - my time. :-) I usually end up having to respond to work emails, I may watch a tv show, & sometimes I hit the gym if I couldn't run in the morning.
  • 9:30 - in bed!
What about you? What fills your day? How do you squeeze everything in?

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Where are the soaps & bonbons?!? ;)

    A day in my life... Busy as well! lol! Maybe I'll track tomorrow & post soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm so optimized, which is both a blessing & a curse. I know that I'm using my time to plan ahead, work out, etc, but every moment of my time feels accounted for. That's why I love weekends!

    Carla, definitely post! It's so fun to get a peek into other peoples lives. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The life of a working mother, I remember it well! I'm glad to see your commute isn't too long - that can be a killer time wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing what other people do! I may "steal" this for a post.

    You are fortunate to have a short commute. Mine is 30 min each way, and it is amazing how that hour is a huge time suck.

    ReplyDelete