- Achieve and maintain my goal weight of 130 lbs. I have 20 lbs to go, as I'm starting at 150. - I'm currently down to 143.5, so I'm making progress!
- Complete 10,000 minutes of cardio. My goal was 4500 for 2011, and I crushed this goal in 2012 (ended with 8700 minutes). I want to go big with this goal. :-) - I'm at just over 9,000 minutes, so I'm ROCKING this goal!
- Run a 1/2 marathon. I was fully trained for my first 1/2 marathon before I broke my foot in May. I'm starting from scratch, but want to get back to it. - Done, baby! I've run two half marathons, a 15K, and I completed a 200 mile/12 person team relay. I have another couple of half marathons lined up between now and the end of the year.
- Spend less than $500 on clothing for myself and less than $500 for shoes/clothes for the kids. I shop for entertainment, and it's totally unnecessary. - Sadly, no. I need to do the math, but I'm way over on this. I've spent probably $500 on running shoes/gear alone. My goal for the rest of the year is to spend nothing else.
- Complete 100 strength training workouts. - I'm at 59, so doing pretty well, but need to amp this up.
- Give up artificial sugar. (Mostly, the Splenda in my coffee & tea.) This will be TOUGH for me. :-) - I would give myself a 90% on this one. I've had 2-3 sodas this year, and a couple of Vitamin Waters.
- Reach 50% of our goal for the boys college tuition GET accounts, for both kids. This will take about $12,000. - We haven't made much progress on this. :-( We've been focusing on other financial goals.
- Track all spending, stick to our budget, and complete monthly spending reports. - I've been doing the tracking. The sticking to the budget? Win some/lose some.
- Pay off $50,000 on our vacation house mortgage and $100,000 on our primary residence mortgage. - oh my. I don't remember where we started with these, but I'm 100% sure we haven't achieved this.
- Have one date night per month with M. - Yes! And, I need to plan our September date.
- Get together with two friends/month, and plan a minimum of one girls only vacation this year. - I've spent lots of time with my sister, had a girls trip, & have been doing a great job making time for myself. Love this goal!
- Meet with an attorney & get our life insurance, wills, guardianship, trusts, etc squared away. This is a MUST do this year. - Groan. I need to do this. I'm now at a weight that's not considered "overweight", which was my previous excuse. Again, just need to do this.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
2012 goal check
The year is flying by, so it's time to do a quick goal check & see what we've accomplished so far! Here's a link to my 2012 goals: