From my previous post:
How does this affect our overall financial plan?
- We're carrying a small balance on our credit card, as a result of booking a trip for November & a few planned vacations in August. We will use part of my stock vest to pay that off.
- The rest of the stock vest will be allocated as follows:
- $10,000 - to the emergency fund. We drained this when our taxes came due in April & struggled to fully rebuild this.
- $10,000 to our tax fund for our 2012 taxes. Thinking ahead after last year. ;-)
- $2,000 - my mom's 60th birthday trip
- $5,000 - we're taking the kids to Hawaii in November
- $1,720 - we're buying the kids each 5 tuition credits for college
- $3,000 - extra mortgage payment
- TBD - I've tentatively slotted my net bonus at $5K, but I'm hoping it will be higher. If it is, I will likely split the difference between our emergency fund, and paying down our mortgage.
HOT DOG! I'm so happy. :-)
Edited to add - I'm also planning on: buying myself a new pair of jeans, an expensive hair product I want, & getting a massage! My personal splurge shoudl be under $300, so reasonable, but fun. :-)