Saturday, September 15, 2012

September mid-month goal check

The month is half over, so I thought it would be a good time for a goal check.

Here are my goals for the month:
  1. Lose 4 pounds. I started 2012 at 150, and I'm currently at 143.5. I'd like to break into the 130s! - I really need to focus. I've been stress eating at work. Fail.
  2. Track all of my food & exercise in My Fitness Pal. - Not every day has been pretty, but I've been doing it!
  3. Complete 1,000 minutes of cardio, & complete 5 each of strength & stretching workouts. - I'm at 385 minutes, 3/5 strength, & 1/5 stretching. I clearly still have a lot of work to do & need to make my own fitness a priority. It's been tough this month, but I need to do it.
  4. Spend $0 on clothing/makeup for myself. I may need new running shoes, but that remains TBD. - I bought myself a pair of jeans, but returned a top. I also bought a new nail polish & a fancy hair product with my bonus money. Total spent = just under $50.
  5. Pay off our credit card bill. We have a small balance that we've been carrying over, but my September bonus will clear this. - Done. I'm so happy to pay this off & have a zero balance!
  6. Buy the boys 5 tuition credits each. - Done! Did this with my bonus.
  7. Pay $3000 off on the principal of our 2nd mortgage. - Blew this away & paid $10,000 extra today with my bonus.
  8. Consult with a resume service. Did I mention that I'm looking for a new job, after 15 years with the same company? :-) - Done! Meeting was today & I should have the resume back next week.
  9. Investigate job market in Portland. Oh, and a potential relocation? :-) - I'm off to a slow start, but I have been networking, & casually looking at both housing & work options.
  10. Have one date night with M. - Done! We had a fabulous dinner out last weekend.
  11. Stick to budget for my mom's birthday trip. My sister & I are taking her to Las Vegas for her 60th. My budget is $2000. (Disclaimer - That's what remains - I've already purchased flights, etc). - Trip is next weekend, so this remains the plan.
  12. Clean all of the closets in our house. They are a wreck! - I think I need to plan to do one closet at a time. This weekend - the kids closets!
  13. Bonus goal - meal plan every week in September. - Doing okay. This week was a little haphazard, as I had a crazy work schedule as well as two soccer practices + curriculum night. We did not eat out, which is good. We got creative with what we had in the house.

How are you doing with your September goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment