I have been diligently tracking our finances, & we're making progress, but it's not been without ups & downs. I'll do a more detailed look at where we are soon.
That said, I find the best way to get organized & back on track is with a little meal planning, so here goes!
Both of our boys started school today - N is a kindergartner & S started first grade!! Can't believe it. We have soccer practice now on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, so that's another wrinkle in the plans.
- Tuesday (soccer after school) - leftover Persian beef kebabs, rice, & yogurt sauce
- Wednesday (soccer after school) - Oven baked chicken risotto
- Thursday - leftovers
- Friday - Chicken marsala casserole
- Saturday - homemade pizza. May make chicken pesto for the adults, & a cheese/pepperoni half & half for the kids.
- Sunday - Fiesta casserole (make a double batch & freeze one pan)
The upcoming weekend is one of our last without any commitments, so I hope to do a little baking/stocking of the freezer. I've been eating soup from our work cafeteria these days, so I'm going to try a few Au Bon Pain knock off recipes.
- Potato leek soup
- Banana wheat germ muffins
- Chicken & black bean taquitos
- Grilling two giant Costco packs of chicken tenderloins (we use these in almost every chicken recipe)
And with that, I'm off to make my plan for the week! Hope everyone had a fabulous long weekend.