Sunday, February 11, 2024

February goals check in

 February is racing by, so here is a quick update on how I'm doing with my goals.

Financial:

  • Achieve savings goals (401K, Nick's 529, Sam's college) - all on track, but I may need to pull a bit from savings to pay for our Turkey flights (despite now having them in flight credit)
  • Earn $200 in side hustle - I've earned $262 in side hustle
  • Pantry/freezer challenge:
    • Freezer burritos - two of 8 are gone
    • Bag of cranberries - used up in a bag of muffins
    • Chicken pesto pasta - one of two containers are used up
    • Two cheeseburgers (may need to be tossed) - haven't done anything with these yet
    • Bonus: fish sticks & corn dots - six corn dogs used up

Family:

  • Both boys college prep: SAT studying (N), AP studying (both), college spreadsheet (N) - they've done a bit of this, but definitely need more
  • Host senior soccer night - on track for this week
  • Plan one fun activity with the boys - we had a fun dinner out, and are going skiing
  • Optimize our points, perks, miles to keep travel costs in check - nothing much to report here
  • Start planning Turkey trip to see M's family - I need to figure out how we're going to use our travel credits
Fitness:
  • Stretch 2x/week - I've stretched 3x so far this month
  • Lose 2 lbs - no progress on this
  • Follow training plan for half marathon - yes, I'm caught up to where I should be in my plan
  • Strength train 8 times - 3/8 times this month
  • Consistently follow the No S diet - I've had about 50% success with this
Personal:
  • Get together with a friend - met a friend for a workout & coffee, and meeting another friend for a hike today
  • Practice Farsi 10 times - 7/10 days so far
  • Declutter 50 items from the house - 42/50
  • Find a pickle ball class - they open for sign ups next week
  • Continue the Science of Well Being class - on track

What about you? How are you doing on your goals for the month?

1 comment: