Thursday, February 1, 2024

February Goals

February is always a busy month, with two birthdays, ski week & a shorter month to accomplish goals. I'm also planning a big school event, so plenty of time will be spent on that. 

Here are my goals for the month!

Financial:

  • Achieve savings goals (401k, Nick's 529 - $1500, Sam's college - save stock vest)
  • Earn $200 in side hustle
  • Pantry/freezer challenge:
    • Freezer burritos
    • Bag of cranberries
    • Chicken pesto pasta
    • Two cheeseburgers (may need to be tossed)
    • Bonus: fish sticks & corn dogs

Family:

  • Both boys college prep: SAT studying (N), AP studying (both), start college spreadsheet (N)
  • Host senior soccer night
  • Plan one fun activity with the boys (likely birthday dinners out)
  • Optimize our points, perks, miles to keep travel costs in check
  • Start planning Turkey trip to see M's family
Fitness:
  • Stretch 2x/week
  • Lose 2 lbs
  • Follow training plan for half marathon
  • Strength train 8 times
  • Follow the No S diet consistently

Personal:

  • Get together with a friend
  • Practice Farsi 10 times
  • Declutter 50 items from the house
  • Find a pickle ball class
  • Continue the Science of Well-Being class

What about you? Do you have any goals for February? Let us know, so we can cheer you on!

6 comments:

  1. Great list there. I am sure you will do very well in getting those accomplished.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! I sucked at decluttering in January, but got distracted at work and home. I hope to do better in February. I actually did reasonably well with my exercise goals despite having ice for a day and really cold weather for a week, then monsoon rains with 70 degrees the week after! I managed to somewhat stray on budget in January. I did not eat out at all but I did buy a breakfast to go for autistic kid a couple of times in the drive thru when he was in meltdown mode. You pick your battles. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good work on the exercise goals! Picking your battles is my motto of parenting, so I'd say it's still a win!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a busy yet fun month for you. I am in the process of reorganizing everything in the house. It is not a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite a task! I made a goal during WFH/COVID of tackling one thing a day: a chore/cleaning & one area of decluttering. It was pretty successful. Of course, time has passed, and all of that needs to be done again.

      Delete