Saturday, February 3, 2024

Saturday Happenings

It's been very rainy here, and I need to do a long run outside. I don't think I can handle the treadmill for 8 miles. ;-) I'm planning accordingly, and it looks like it will stop raining later this morning. Fingers crossed!

M & I had a fabulous date night last night, and bumped into one of my coworkers & his partner. They were with friends who are Persian, and when I told them I was learning Farsi, they had me try some of it out. Let's just say I have plenty of work to do. ;-) We brought our leftovers home to Sam, who was thrilled to have them. 

Here's what we're up to today:

  • Long run
  • Menu plan
  • Shopping list (we're out of fruit - must get fruit!)
  • We're hosting a poster making party at our house for the non-seniors on the soccer team. The posters will be used for the upcoming senior night. 
  • M is picking up a bunch of pizzas for said soccer players. They are coming over after a game.
  • I need to pick up the stuff that's all over the house, since we are having guests
  • Laundry
  • Sam is going to a birthday party, and I need to make sure he's wrapped a gift
  • Drop off shoes at shoe repair place
  • Make muffins (time permitting)
  • Practice Farsi
  • Journal/work on class work
What are you all up to today?

4 comments:

  1. I made a grocery run this morning and picked up as many apples on sale as I could carry - a dollar a pound! :)

    That was satisfying but I'm far more tired than I should be from that and some laundry and some design work at my desk. Seems like I need an afternoon nap. I hope you get your run in before the storm hits! We have until about 4 pm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fabulous deal on apples! I did indeed get my run in while the weather was good.

      Delete
  2. I got my tasks done quickly, but since it is once again back to cloudy skies I have been knitting instead of doing embroidery. I want the sun back for another couple of days.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a huge winter storm (rain, wind, etc), so I would also love some sun!

      Delete