Saturday, February 17, 2024

Saturday Happenings

 I'm having a mild lupus flare, so I haven't worked out in the past three days, and that always makes me antsy. Here's hoping we get clarity on our work situation next week (we're doing rolling layoffs), which is the primary cause of my stress.

We also don't know what's happening with our ski plans next week. If Nick's team wins game one of the playoffs today, he'll have another game on Wednesday. We're supposed to leave for skiing on Monday, which won't be possible. If that does happen, M & I have agreed that Sam & I will go look at a couple of colleges instead, and soak up some sunshine. We all have the week off anyway, and I desperately need the break. 

Here's the plan for today:

  • Workout class
  • Take Sam to birthday party (my baby is 18!) & pay. I'll probably bring my Kindle & wait in the car, so I can be there to sign at the beginning & end of the party.
  • Laundry
  • M is taking Nick to his game (it's 90 minutes away), since I hate driving at night
  • I'm going to work on planning the trip to Napa with my mom & sister (we're first running a half marathon, and then celebrating for a couple of days)
  • Work on taxes
  • Nick - study for the SATs
  • List 5 items on Buy Nothing
  • List 3 items out of the eBay pile
  • Prep everything for long run tomorrow
  • I'm working hard on self care right now, so adding a few things to the list:
    • Journal
    • Meditate
    • Stretch
    • Eat 5 servings of fruit & veggies
What about you? What are you up to this weekend?

14 comments:

  1. Has the world changed that much, that you have to sign a teen in and out at a birthday party?? This isn't the world I want to live in....
    I hope your flare quiets quickly. I know all about flares and stress, gosh knows, this past year has been one for the books. 8-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign the credit card :-) He drives & doesn't need me to be there, but I'm paying for the party.

    Thank you. Managing health & stress & flares is no fun at all. Hope yours health also is much better this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about the health bump and the stress of layoffs. Our budget, even though we are a state agency, is in the toilet and we cannot hire new folks to help out as the crime rate rises. I certainly don’t want to lose my job either while dealing with inflation so I do understand. I just didn’t do a very good plan for retirement and did not factor in enough for inflation and rising healthcare costs… oops! Sending good thoughts, prayers, and virtual hugs across the country to you. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm mostly hoping to be laid off, at this phase of my career. Either way, pros and cons on both sides, and we will make it work!

      Delete
  4. I have been reading about all the layoffs in the tech industry. I know it is a huge upheaval for everyone left at the various companies.
    I hope your stress level reduces soon, because resulting physical issues are just not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish it was done already, so we could move on with whatever team is left, adjust our plans & start reassuring people (within reason). Knowing it's hanging over you, with no timeline is really frustrating.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I'm sorry you're having a lupus flare up and worried about the stress of layoffs. I hoe you will get some relief on both counts soon. I sold something this week and didn't even have to list it, I just mentioned it to someone. That's my kind of sale. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, that's absolutely my kind of sale as well. Well done!

      Delete
  6. Oh goodness. I had no idea you deal with lupus. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Hope your son had a fun party! 18 is a big deal! So sorry for all the work stress. I hope your job won't be one in the layoff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 18 is a big deal, and Sam has matured so much. It's really fun to see!

      Delete
  7. Rolling layoffs are extremely stressful. Hopefully your lupus flare ends soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. I hope they are over soon, and we can all move on with whatever happens.

      Delete
  8. I am so sorry about your lupus flare I hope you feel better soon. Fingers crossed that you don't get laid off. I hope the winter break is going well. You have had a busy week. I am finding that stretching is really helping me with my back issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had a very busy week, and we enjoyed the time together. M & I stretch together several times per week (together, so we motivate each other to do it ;-)) & it really helps both of us.

      Delete