Monday, February 5, 2024

Menu Plan Monday

 We liked the Greek dish we made last week, but we had so much rotisserie chicken that we just did the veggie portion, and served that along side rotisserie chicken. Next time, I'd probably cook the potatoes separately from the peppers, as the peppers/onions got pretty over cooked to accommodate the potatoes. Or, pre bake the potatoes partially in the microwave first. Either way, the flavor was delicious. I've used the leftovers, added eggs & scrambled them up & they are also fantastic that way.

Here's our plan for the week ahead:

  • Friday - date night for the adults, teens on their own 
  • Saturday - pizza/soccer party at our house. Adults - garlic shrimp
  • Sunday - Philly cheesesteaks
  • Monday - chicken pesto pasta (freezer)
  • Tuesday - grilled burgers (freezer)
  • Wednesday - leftover cheeseteaks
  • Thursday - leftover chicken pesto pasta
  • Friday - TBD
What about you? What's on your menu this week? Has anyone tried any great new recipes lately?

6 comments:

  1. I made a big curry yesterday, kept a portion for me but sending rest with my daughter. We made homemade pizza and I have 1/2 mine left. I found some still in date Top the Tator sour cream, plus have mushrooms to use, a bit of wine, and found egg noodles, so a mushroom stroganoff. Between these, plus just veggies and hummus, maybe toast and eggs, I think I'm covered. I hate eating repeats so much, but I try at least vary the day and between lunch and supper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stroganoff sounds great. We try to do meals 2x/week, but no more frequently, as people get bored. And, I'm also big on swapping out a protein and putting it on a salad the second time around, or following The Frugal Girl, and adding eggs to leftovers (roasted veggies & the like).

      Delete
  2. I like that you plan to use leftovers as your meals for a couple of nights. It is much better use of time to cook once and eat twice.
    I did make a Thai soup that I have not made before. It was good enough (and easy) to add to our menu rotation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started when the boys were young, and we were eating out so much. We decided to cook Fri-Sun, and do leftovers the other three work days. We typically would do something from the freezer on Thursday, and Friday was whatever we felt like. It really helped us get organized. As we're facing down empty nester time, I'm not quite sure yet how we'll adapt our approach.

      Delete
  3. I rarely cook, but did do up some porkchops and rice and will make fried rice tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fried rice sounds delicious! It's one of my favorites.

      Delete