Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Ongoing blogger problems & other things

First off, apologies that I cannot comment on your blogs. In fact, I can't even reply to comments on my own blog. Something is really not working & I need to figure out why I can log in to publish posts, but am then logged out to comment. So irritating. Please know that I do read & appreciate each of your comments, even if I can't reply right now.

For SAM, here are the kind of kebabs my husband makes. He uses his dad's recipe, but this is the general idea. We serve our with tadiq (Persian rice), grilled tomatoes, & maast o khiar (yogurt dipping sauce). 

In no particular order, random thoughts for the day:

  • I've been up since 4:45. I was having work anxiety dreams, so I figured it was better just to get up.
  • For my birthday, M bought me a total indulgence milk frother. It has upleveled my coffee so much. Every morning when I drink my one latte, I get a kick out of it. I tried it at a friend's house, wrote it off as a huge indulgence after pricing it, and was so pleased when M got it for me. 
  • I've made enough progress cleaning out the freezer that I could wipe part of the interior this weekend. Woohoo!
  • I've lost 2.5 lbs in the last couple of weeks. A few things that have helped: 
    • lots of exercise & consistency
    • no work snacks/meals (my meals are probably better calorie controlled)
    • my workout classes are later than I normally go, & I don't like to eat ahead of such a hard workout. Therefore, no breakfast & I fast until after my workout class
    • stress, which I don't recommend ;-) 
  • Still trying to figure out a spring break option with the teens. They are very, very different people, so finding a mutually agreeable option has been a challenge! We're leaning towards a road trip to Redwoods National Park, which none of us have ever been to. 
  • I have a couple of work calls today. The first one is with my boss's boss's boss, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to say. I hope it's not awkward. I appreciate him wanting to check in post-layoff, but again... has the potential to be awkward. The second call is with an internal recruiter. Not only are there no jobs open, but I'd really have to be excited about a role at this point to consider it. But, my laid off coworker found the call helpful, so I figure it's a small time investment.
  • I'm taking the free Coursera course "The Science of Well Being", and love it! Many of the things I already do, but it's super useful to here the "why" behind each of those, and I'm learning new things along the way. 
Have a great day, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I hope your phone call is not as awkward as it potentially could be.
    Take some time to think through your options , and enjoy some "me" time as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately it is going to be awkward. However I hope you are still able to get across any message you have for him. Not to use an overused phrase but this might give you "closure." The speed at which the layoff news came out seemed sudden with very little time to prepare mentally. Everything will come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you are unable currently to post comments even on your own blog, but please know that we out here in blogland are thinking about you and wishing you all the best during this unexpected change in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all went well with the phone call. Take your time getting back into the work swing. You need this time to process and decide what you want to do next.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally had to do all of my blogging on the MS Edge browser. After ages on not being able to comment on people's blogs, this seems to fix the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look delicious. Thank you for linking. Blogger has been twitchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why in the world would your boss's boss be checking in on you? To ease his conscious? Does he have a viable job available for you?

    ReplyDelete