Sunday, March 17, 2024

Sunday Things

It's another busy day, but I find that I don't mind busy weekends now that I have the rest of the week to catch up, and I'm not trying to use weekends to prep for the work week ahead. I still try to be productive, but the pressure is off.

Yesterday was Nick's first spring club soccer game. Knowing the end is in sight, and how quickly it goes, I try to make it to as many matches as possible. The keeper went out with a head injury (he's okay, but they are very cautious with head injuries in soccer, as they should be), so Nick went in as goalie. He hasn't played that position in five or so years, and had one play where he dove to save a shot & slid across the turf on his face. He missed the shot as well. It don't think it was his favorite game, but was a good teammate & filled in. I'm glad I was there to support him, and also bring him water, because... despite being 17, sometimes you forget your water bottle. ;-)

M & I had pickle ball lessons, which were so much fun. I love learning something new together. We came home & I made chicken yakisoba for the two of us, while the teens were out with friends.

As for today, it should be a fun day. Here's what we're up to:

  • Workout class this morning
  • Nick has calculus tutoring
  • I'm meeting up with a friend for a walk
  • We're having takeout birthday pizza for dinner
  • Washing the sheets
  • Drying all of the rugs I washed
  • Gift opening
  • I'd like to make hummus
  • Scroll through LinkedIn & see if there's anything interesting
  • Read my book in the sunshine by the pool 
That's it for us. What about you? 

3 comments:

  1. Heh. When I first left work and the kids were early elementary age, I sometimes actually dreaded weekends, ESPECIALLY when I was working on another degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the kids were still at home weekends were busy, once they left the only things we did were together things. I think once TheHub retires, weekends will be just another day.

    ReplyDelete